Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.7 this morning. I have been offline a lot this week because I had a huge work week, filled with lots of stress. My numbers were a bit all over the place, but that could be because I have kept forgetting to take my pills. I promise to do better this week. x
I hope you can relax this weekend then... don't do anything on Sunday... :)

Reactions: 10 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.9 and an end to my run of sub 5.5s. But I was very tired and didn't get up until 10:30 so maybe it's my liver at work.

Belated dinner out with Mrs S for her birthday tonight.

On the strips thing, there must be so many Codefree users on this forum, maybe we should send them a joint message to give their quality control department a kick up the backside ... :woot:
That is a very good idea S.... You should indeed give them a kick - I have seen loads of worried posts on here recently... it's not fair, it's your health at stake here... oh, Happy Day to Mrs. S... enjoy your dinner and spoil yourselves... :joyful:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You might want to leave it a few days. The Chief Exec is on holiday, until Monday, if I recall correctly. I had a long chat with him just before he went about their payment portal and applications of discount codes.

Me? I get everywhere. ;):D:angelic:
You are soooo cool..... :cool:

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It's the 1hr that tells you how what you eat affects your blood glucose & is what is taken in by the body for energy etc within the 90 minute digestion time, after that the food should have been digested & any reading after is the glucose left in the blood & what is used to see you through till you next meal. surely.
I find I know nothing much! :) Every day is a learning curve...

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's a 4.7 this morning.

I'm going on a quick trip overseas for a week, a bit of skiing/r&r, and for some odd reason I'm not really keen on going, maybe it's the cold weather --shouldn't be complaining as it's a holiday! :).

Reactions: 19 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well day 3 of my study and already it is throwing up some interesting things. My fasting blood sugars were 6.1 on day 1, 5.2 day 2, and 5.8 today.
I have found a meal with no carbs sends a pre meal bs from 4.4 to 5.1(ham and cheese omellette with salad) I tried an evening meal of Turkey breast peas and half a baked potato which sent my bs from 5.3 pre meal to 6.0 post meal. That was with 2 metformin 500. The next day I had the same thing for lunch to see what my bs would be without the metformin. It went from 4.3 pre meal to 6.2 post meal! Just shows what metformin does for you. So that leads me to thinking if I'm going to have carbs is it better to wait until I have to take my metformin?
Some of the folks on this forum ditched carbs almost altogether and the Metformin with it... It could be worth asking their advice as they've already 'been there, done that' and succeeded... I am on no meds and low-carbing and hope to sustain my good BG levels that way for as long as possible... I learned from everyone on this forum to begin with and then researched low-carb recipes - there are some wonderful sites to use...I personally don't miss carbs at all... except maybe my own apple pie, but I now make it with almond pastry, which is lush... :) :hungry:

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It's a 4.7 this morning.

I'm going on a quick trip overseas for a week, a bit of skiing/r&r, and for some odd reason I'm not really keen on going, maybe it's the cold weather --shouldn't be complaining as it's a holiday! :).
Have a lovely time! You will be fine when you get there... I am still apprehensive every time I go away now, because of the low-carbing and wondering if there will be stuff for me to eat when I get there! I always find something though... :) It just makes a small wiggle of unease I think... Make some little fat balls and take them with you so you've always got something to top up with if you get low... You'll probably really enjoy yourself and the break from routine... Have fun... :joyful:

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
4.9 on waking. Waiting for my eyes (blurry during the day but not constant) to keep up to the lower numbers.

Have a great day guys and girls :)

Reactions: 15 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 before dinner
5.9 after 2 hour only had chicken and broccoli soup home made so nothing in it except black pepper and salt
5.8 fasting

So I have come into 5's but I have had no carbs (well almost) in last 3 days now.
Really want to reduce my weight as its going to about 80 from 70 when diagnosed but I dont know what to do
I cant eat less than what I am already eating right now
I have not had bread lowcarb or high carb for 2+ months
there is no pasta or rice on menu
rice may be once in a month a few spoons of it
I think my breakfast is heaviest which it should be its 1 egg 1 bacon and mushrooms
Lunch is now soup or even normally veggies and dinner is some protein like chicken or lamb with one indian bread each and some nuts to keep me going if i get too hungry
Am i eating too much carbs here, I am also going to have to reduce my fat intake, although its only butter in morning as egg bacon and mushrooms are made in butter but thats it.
As far as exercise is concerned i walk about 2 to 2.5 miles everyday

@brettsza I read your post last week but didn't have time to stop and reply. I've a lot of catching up to do here so I don't know your latest but I just want to say don't become disheartened by the weight loss or lack of it.

Despite following all the advice here and tweaking my fat/carb/protein ratios my weight loss is still very slow, stagnant even. I personally think there is too much focus on weight loss and LCHF if its not careful will just be considered as a solution to weight loss while its other benefits are ignored. Weight loss, as we all know can be temporary and the quicker it comes off the quicker it can go back on.

I had a revelation recently when I had my monthly body measurements taken and compared with the previous month. Despite Christmas and New Year falling halfway through, I had lost a total of 30cm fat, including 4 inches of fat from around my waist. My PT said in all her career she had never known anyone lose 4" from their waist over Christmas!

My understanding is that for diabetics it is the losing fat that it more important than losing weight. Weight is often only excess water anyway but we should be aiming to lose fat more than weight.

Do you take your body measurements? You might be as surprised as I was to discover that while the weight may not be shifting, other amazing things are going in which we don't see but which are far more beneficial to diabetics than numbers on a weighing scale.

Take heart!

Reactions: 22 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.8 still a little lower that my normal 5's in the morning, have been using my accu meter for a couple of weeks since my surgery allows me 1 tub of strips every 2 months and thought I might as well use them.

Back to codefree shortly , not sure with what if been reading here recently I am to happy about that.

Will have to check the codes and then we shall see.

Have a good day everyone.

Reactions: 18 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 on waking. Waiting for my eyes (blurry during the day but not constant) to keep up to the lower numbers.

Have a great day guys and girls :)
Hope the eyes settle down in the UK we get our eyes checked at lest once a year for diabetic rentnopathy. Do you have anything like this down under?

Reactions: 5 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
We do loulou :)

I need to change the contacts I think :) Really odd as outside long distance, my vision is perfect. Just sitting in front of a PC screen all day is not doing me any favours. If exercise is any indication, I got PLENTY of that today with trimming shrubs

Take care and glad you're feeling better :)

Mike

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@brettsza I read your post last week but didn't have time to stop and reply. I've a lot of catching up to do here so I don't know your latest but I just want to say don't become disheartened by the weight loss or lack of it.

Despite following all the advice here and tweaking my fat/carb/protein ratios my weight loss is still very slow, stagnant even. I personally think there is too much focus on weight loss and LCHF if its not careful will just be considered as a solution to weight loss while its other benefits are ignored. Weight loss, as we all know can be temporary and the quicker it comes off the quicker it can go back on.

I had a revelation recently when I had my monthly body measurements taken and compared with the previous month. Despite Christmas and New Year falling halfway through, I had lost a total of 30cm fat, including 4 inches of fat from around my waist. My PT said in all her career she had never known anyone lose 4" from their waist over Christmas!

My understanding is that for diabetics it is the losing fat that it more important than losing weight. Weight is often only excess water anyway but we should be aiming to lose fat more than weight.

Do you take your body measurements? You might be as surprised as I was to discover that while the weight may not be shifting, other amazing things are going in which we don't see but which are far more beneficial to diabetics than numbers on a weighing scale.

Take heart!
Such a lovely, sensible reply... take heart indeed B... :)

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.