Novolog 4 Levemir

sailtech

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars/cheats/druggies/mediocrity/apathy/bigots/network sports/zealots and people who drive 50 in the left lane.
So I just joined this site and was wondering if there might be anyone in my area who could swap their levemir for my novolog. I've recently had some improvements with my overall health including diabetes and am using significantly less of the novolog but am in need of levemir due to an extended period of being out of work due to a back surgery and the cost is currently prohibitive. Thanks for looking.........

C

catherinecherub

Hi @sailtech and welcome to the forum.

Most of the posters here come from the U.K. where we get our supplies on prescription, but I will highlight that you come from Maryland U.S.A. You never know, there may be somebody who can help.

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not so sure we should be encouraging the swapping of medication, whatever country you're from.

Reactions: 2 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
As we are not USA medication savvy/familiar - here in the UK all insulin/diabetes meds are via prescription only .
We can only advise that you ask/seek medical advice on this matter in your area/location .

sailtech

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars/cheats/druggies/mediocrity/apathy/bigots/network sports/zealots and people who drive 50 in the left lane.
Why that’s certainly opinionated of both of you. And, while I respect your right to voice your opinion I think perhaps you might think about the overall question before firing off a snap judgment. Under most circumstances I would probably even agree with you, but I’m not out here looking for a cheap thrill or in experiencing new highs. If I’d have asked to trade my Novolog for Oxycontin I would ask and expect that the membership raise every red flag. In this instance though I’m reaching out to a community that probably shares many of the same health problems I have and who use some of the same medication. Just as I have an over abundance of a medicine that in all likelihood will go to waste by expiring in my fridge, I suspect there may also be others who may have a similar situation. I think context and common sense should be part of the equation.

Due to major improvements in my health I have reduced my dependence of Novolog from 130 IU daily to less than 60 IU per week. Because of flaws and many other irregularities in the US health insurance machine there is absolutely no incentive for using (or acquiring) less of a medication, but rather, patients are penalized by not being recognized or rewarded for improving their health. It might be very different if I received credit towards reducing expense to that machine by perhaps offering a discount towards the medications I still require. But sadly the focus for profit is really the only motivation insurance companies maintain.

Again, I respect your right to your opinion but I wasn’t asking for anyone’s viewpoint but rather hoping to find like minded individuals. I ran into this website during a google search and since it mentioned it was a global site I thought I might reach a more open minded and approachable audience. Apparently not so much; erhaps you should consider responding to those asking for opinions over blurting out every thought that pops into your head………………..

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can only speak for myself and whilst I'm sure your intentions were good it's just not good practice to permit or promote exchanging of medications. You would have no way of knowing who would get your meds. These need prescribing by a doctor. I'm sure @anna29 will respond shortly.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
On the abundance of the unwanted insulin supplies in your fridge you mention of .
In the above post reply .
There is IDDT (insulin dependent diabetes trust)
who accept in date insulin - send it out to Africa for kiddies/adults
to use via the red cross organisation .

I myself have sent some of my own un-needed in date insulin into them .
The IDDT organisation - are UK based .

With regards to swapping any insulin charge free
Here in the UK this is not done here at all .
Nor is it sought out to do this here in the UK either .

Any change(s) with insulin or medications is done strictly through our own
GP's or via the hospital consultants here .

Not being at all USA system private health information savvy :(:confused:

All we can say is the same as is already stated in the previous posts .

Reactions: 4 people