Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
No I haven't, what are they?

Just found a list, palm oil, production kills orangutans so i won't be buying it!
Contains a lot of the man made oils that are responsible for inflammation and furring of the aerteries :((

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh right, I think it's got soy too, something else to be avoided! I'll be giving it a miss because of our orange friends anyway ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Oh right, I think it's got soy too, something else to be avoided! I'll be giving it a miss because of our orange friends anyway ;)
I have used the lidl's german fully seeded rye bread,on occasions ,better than most ! And cheaper freezes well too.

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
Have you tried Hovis Seed Sensations? Much prefer it to Livlife or Bergen. Good size slices that don't spike my BS.
How many carbs per slice? Livlife is made with soya flour so only 3.5g/slice which is pretty good. I'm low carbing at the moment so need to keep the carbs as low as pos. Seed sensations is made with wheat flour I think? I can't really go above 5g/slice.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How many carbs per slice? Livlife is made with soya flour so only 3.5g/slice which is pretty good. I'm low carbing at the moment so need to keep the carbs as low as pos. Seed sensations is made with wheat flour I think? I can't really go above 5g/slice.
Just looked it up on Tescos online thingy.

Hovis seed sensations is 20g carb / slice :wideyed:

Which is higher than most types of bread.

But I suppose it comes down to the individual. I can eat 16 g carbs in a 9bar, without blinking. While 3.8g of Livlife makes me spike a bit. 2 slices and I go way too high (I've given up on grains completely at the moment!)