HIT (high intensity interval training) - anyone getting benefits?

Tclayton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I need advice/guidance desperately!
I have noticed my hypos are always when I do strenuous exercise eg hiit. They are happening at 1.30am each night that I've done a 30 min hiit class. I feel like I do everything right but obviously not! I eat after my class, with carbs, protein and veg. And do not take any quick acting insulin with this? Sometimes this works and sometimes I'm higher low. From reading forums I realise I should decrease my BI by half as a first experiment but I still dont understand what carbs or how much carbs I should have to stop a hypo happening!? I'd love to not have to eat carbs after a workout if I choose not to. What do you guys do? I want to loose weight and I'm always eating to replenish a hypo so it's becomin pointless exercise but I love to exercise! I dont eat through exercise and I generally am around 10-14 for exercise. Is this an harmful level also? Thank youuuuu

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I need advice/guidance desperately!
I have noticed my hypos are always when I do strenuous exercise eg hiit. They are happening at 1.30am each night that I've done a 30 min hiit class. I feel like I do everything right but obviously not! I eat after my class, with carbs, protein and veg. And do not take any quick acting insulin with this? Sometimes this works and sometimes I'm higher low. From reading forums I realise I should decrease my BI by half as a first experiment but I still dont understand what carbs or how much carbs I should have to stop a hypo happening!? I'd love to not have to eat carbs after a workout if I choose not to. What do you guys do? I want to loose weight and I'm always eating to replenish a hypo so it's becomin pointless exercise but I love to exercise! I dont eat through exercise and I generally am around 10-14 for exercise. Is this an harmful level also? Thank youuuuu

Wish I could help but Type 1 is completely different to what I'm used to in Type 2 but I'm sure someone will be able to provide some answers :)

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's interesting. In my case it works a bit differently: when I am in a decent shape and zero carboing I can run to my limit (let's say four hours) without any CHO's, I just prepare myself a mixture of coconut flour\coconut oil\almonds and eat some of that every hour or so but I can do without carbs at all. This only if I've been consistently extremely low carbing, if I'm in a "cheat period" than it's all another story.
I have to say I am an extremely slow runner due to my mediocre VO2max and heavy built so probably it has to do with that as well.
Hi Emiliano

What is your coconut flour/oil/almond mix - blended? Crushed? What is the consistency like and how do you carry it round with you -would love to know as I've never used coconut flour in any capacity and coconut oil only in cooking and coffee bombs?