Step into Spring

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
40 mins walking... Unfortunately I got to the point of no return first it rained, then came sleet and hailstones, followed by snow and then more rain......ahhhhhhhh

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
30 minute walk at lunchtime today.. boy it was cold. Off out with my sisters tonight so will be being a little naughty and sharing a portion of chips with my sister on the way home. I'll pay my body back tomorrow by making sure I go for a longer walk :)

Have a lovely Friday...

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just me then.
yesterday a very bracing 30 minute walk round the harbour at Maryport
today 30 mins brisk walk round Cockermouth, 18 mins peddling and 2 mins sit ups.

Reactions: 4 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
90 min walk around a local beauty spot. It was cold and windy but we had a wonderful time.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad I'm not alone. I'd have walked more today but the carpark that had been free on Sundays and for first two hours is now a pay one- we only had just enough for 1/2 hr having spent our other 40p change on a trip to the toilet each!

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Too cold and tired to do much ...

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry been out of action for weeks now. Trying to keep moving around the house which is becoming more prisonlike every day.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Sorry been out of action for weeks now. Trying to keep moving around the house which is becoming more prisonlike every day.
What's happening Pipp?
I've obviously missed it if you've already posted about it.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's happening Pipp?
I've obviously missed it if you've already posted about it.
Picked up a chesty lurgy thing. Sent my over efficient immune system into overdrive, so have had breathing difficulty most of January with asthma.

I know, That sounds a bit dramatic, but I am just glad I don't smoke, as fighting for every breath is not much fun at all. On the mend now, but not been able to get to swimming pool, gym, or even have a stroll has got me wanting to climb the walls.

Now, there's an idea. A climbing wall. I am looking for different activities.

Thanks for asking Jack.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Picked up a chesty lurgy thing. Sent my over efficient immune system into overdrive, so have had breathing difficulty most of January with asthma.

I know, That sounds a bit dramatic, but I am just glad I don't smoke, as fighting for every breath is not much fun at all. On the mend now, but not been able to get to swimming pool, gym, or even have a stroll has got me wanting to climb the walls.

Now, there's an idea. A climbing wall. I am looking for different activities.

Thanks for asking Jack.
Stay in put your feet up and enjoy the internet.
It's freezing out anyway.
Hope you get better soon.
I actually took my youngest daughter and her two little 'uns sledging today but I only stepped into the sub zero wind for a few minutes
to take some pics'
Wish I could have had a go with the grand kids but no longer possible because of the state of my spine.
I keep having quite long periods stuck in the house because of it so I know how frustrating it can get.
Hope you feel up to more soon as.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Take care Pipp. I wouldn't be bothering but I need to do something to burn off the extra food I've had in the cold weather.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1422909662.805020.jpg

@Pipp this ones for you

This morning my fasting bs was 5.6
I walked around the local park after work and saw these swans.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a short walk in the shops, all of 8 mins. First time I have been out alone in ages. Painful to walk so didn't stay out long. Another short walk later in the day. Only 5 mins this time, but I did kick and throw a ball for the dog for 10 mins.

It is amazing how quickly one loses fitness levels after a break of just a few weeks. Going to have to build up slowly.

At Least the weather was dry.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Total of around 40 minutes walking today, including hills in Totnes going to the dentist.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday I did 65 mins walking - 30 at lunch time and 35 when I got home. Sorry folks think today might end up being a skive day... it snowed last night here so wont be out walking if it stays... that said I'm at work and promise to walk down and up the stairs all day as penance. :)

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I'm now up to about 20 mins on the bike without falling off afterwards!!!!

Reactions: 8 people