Chocolate Cake - bread replacement

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
Despite the enthusiasm for all the lo-carb bread replacement recipes, finding a good bread replacement is pretty much hopeless.

They all seem to be greasy and have more eggs than an omelette and even then it is second rate bread, so why not just eat chocolate cake instead.

We can make great lo-carb chocolate cakes and there are nut flour recipes around that will cook in an oven, or a microwave or a electric pie maker.

We make chocolate patti cakes 16 at a time and when they are gone we make some more. We cheat with the carbs sometimes and add some choc pieces and glace cherry halves and use foam cream but we have made icing using sweetener and cream cheese and some essences.

I am sure there are other nice cakes but nut flour chocolate cakes get the tick around here.

C

catherinecherub

It would be the last thing I would want if I was having a prawn salad sandwich or anything else that was savoury.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I make a 3 min microwave cake with almond or coconut flour. I too use cherry bits or dark choc chips. I use da vinci sugar free syrups in cream cheese if I fancy an icing on it.

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
dont think i wanna try a bacon butty with choccy cake slices :yuck:

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
It would be the last thing I would want if I was having a prawn salad sandwich or anything else that was savoury.
Thanks @catherinecherub
What about desert you could have a savoury prawn salad ... wrapped in lettuce leaves and then chocolate cake for desert.

No bread replacement and a 2 course meal. It does not get much better than that.

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The point I was trying to make is bread is only a "bulk-up/fill-up food" so why not give it a miss and have desert instead.

The nut flour choc cakes are as good or better than wheat flour choc cakes, so we are eating the "best available" and nothing second rate.

Reactions: 2 people