Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well a staffie is a strong dog but as it's getting on in time maybe cutting right back may be called for. Ask the Vet next time your there & see what they have to say.
I'm only pointing this out cause our Yorkiepoo (yes yorkiepoo) cross between yorkie & poodle, get hold of some chocolate the grandson left on a table, about 60grams of it, phoned the vet & we had to take he straight down as an emergency to have an injection that makes them violently sick to remove the chocolate. Bill £100, only to return home to find the littlen monkey had hid it & not eaten it, poor little chap having to go through that when he had not eaten it at all. They work it on an amount to size ratio.
Aww poor little mite, still better safe than sorry. Unfortunately I don't have any input with my uncle's dog on the vet front of things, wish I did he would be on a strict doggy diet, no matter how much he turned his little brown pleading on me. Spend most of the time with him fighting for the chair which he considers his property and is most unchuffed if anyone sits on it. Believe me you have never seen a dog sulk like he can, mind you as I go home with half his coat attached to my trousers he gets the last laugh.

Reactions: 6 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All of us on this forum are battling with a life challenging condition.

However on many occasions, I find myself going through a mixture of emotions, sometimes I'm moved by people's pain and suffering, other times I'm smiling and laughing after reading what is written.......

Reactions: 17 people
S

Sable_Jan

Chocolate can kill dogs, the cocoa makes thier heart race . not to bad for a large dog as it needs a lot but small dogs it can be fatale.
Can be fatal even for large dogs too even in small quantities but the worst is the dark chocolate with the higher percentage of cocoa ( its the theobromine) depends how sensitive their system is to it. I believe (but not certain) that the effects can be cumulative

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yes he's on metformin and another tablet but don't know which one. He has been told the next step is insulin, so he has cut down slightly, only having one cake instead of two when we go out shopping with my mum. I've tried explaining the damage he's doing to his pancreas and all the problems he's storing up for himself in a few years but because he feels well now he won't listen.
That's a shame. Have you tried to get him onto this website at all? I guess parents don't like to think their children know better than they do so no doubt applies to Uncles too...... If he followed the low carb diet he could probably get himself off the metformin as so many posters in different threads are doing

S

Sable_Jan

Well a staffie is a strong dog but as it's getting on in time maybe cutting right back may be called for. Ask the Vet next time your there & see what they have to say.
I'm only pointing this out cause our Yorkiepoo (yes yorkiepoo) cross between yorkie & poodle, get hold of some chocolate the grandson left on a table, about 60grams of it, phoned the vet & we had to take he straight down as an emergency to have an injection that makes them violently sick to remove the chocolate. Bill £100, only to return home to find the littlen monkey had hid it & not eaten it, poor little chap having to go through that when he had not eaten it at all. They work it on an amount to size ratio.
Best to be safe than sorry, it doesn't take long to act....

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's a shame. Have you tried to get him onto this website at all? I guess parents don't like to think their children know better than they do so no doubt applies to Uncles too...... If he followed the low carb diet he could probably get himself off the metformin as so many posters in different threads are doing
Yes I have tried to get him on here but no joy. He's actually only 9years older than me so we are more like brother and sister, squabble like it as well, especially over his diet. He's been totally brainwashed by his DPN.

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Yep, I agree Clive ..... I'm better with mid or low 5s.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Can liver dumps give you a headache and make you feel really hungry first thing in a morning.

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 off to work again today. I have another huge week. Hope you all have a great day.

Reactions: 13 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
No AB :)

The recent readings are immediately on waking so I expect them to be lower than if I tested (say) 15 or 20 minutes after rising when I'd usually get a mid 5 or a low 6.

Had enough food last nite ... always do :) Just tested one hour post breakfast (bacon and eggs and spinach) and got a 7.4

Mike

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No AB :)

The recent readings are immediately on waking so I expect them to be lower than if I tested (say) 15 or 20 minutes after rising when I'd usually get a mid 5 or a low 6.

Had enough food last nite ... always do :) Just tested one hour post breakfast (bacon and eggs and spinach) and got a 7.4

Mike

So, if you ate well, and you feel well, why do you say that a naturally attained score is too low? Maybe your body is coming around to running quite low?

Reactions: 7 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I guess I'm just a little concerned that I get a rise of 3 between waking and one hour post breakfast. Do not understand the reason for it.

I seem to stay in the 6s (or high 5s) during the day and that is with a strict diet and exercise. Stress is also a factor for me.

Reactions: 8 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's up from my normal fives and that no doubt is the lemon meringue pie with ice cream that I fell for around 7pm last night.
The thick dollop of cream I insisted having on top saved me from being even higher I reckon.Still .... nothing of any concern there though.

How would the cream stop it being higher?

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.