Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I find loading up with fat slows down the conversion to glucose.
I can eat fried bread for that reason or bread loaded with butter.

Reactions: 8 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good question .... I reckon it's possible
Thanks Mike :). Trust you to come up with something. I know its 4am here in the UK but am up again with stupid chest just taken pumps so will be able to nod off again soon:)

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I wish I knew loulou ..... I believe it's related, others might not :) Grab a few more zzzz :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I'm now 3 weeks into no meds and just lchf and exercise, not quite 7 months after diagnosis, was on 1 forxiga a day. So far so good, levels not really changed and still losing weight !
Susikav would love the Almond recipe, sounds good!
Ahhh, which almond recipe? Cakes, bread? Can't remember what I posted... :( I'll scroll back a bit and see what I've been rambling about this time...:)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I'm now 3 weeks into no meds and just lchf and exercise, not quite 7 months after diagnosis, was on 1 forxiga a day. So far so good, levels not really changed and still losing weight !
You are doing so well Kimbo... What a success story you are... long may it continue... :)

Reactions: 11 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
One of my favourite almond flour recipes that I have adjusted from the original friends recipe is: Oven on 180 and a patty tin generously greased with butter - 85gms almond flour; 120gms sugar (translated into Truvia or whichever sweetener you use); 25gms flour (I don't think that little bit hurts); zest from a lg lemon; about 60gms blueberries (many as you can fit in really); all stirred gently together to mix; 3 egg whites whisked to soft peaks and folded gently into the dry mix; gently stir in 50gms melted unsalted butter... about a heaped dessertspoon usually in each patty - 15 to 20 minutes till soft gold... lush.... and good for you too... can you imagine? :)

I think this should be on the other thread... ;:sorry:

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
9.1 this morning. I am going to have to reduce my cream consumption for defo :-(
Doesn't cream bring our numbers down usually? What a shame not to have it... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A tight 3.7 (not adjusted) for me this morning. I’m obviously happy with that, but I would expect to be extremely low, as I have reverted to tight low carb, in an attempt to get some insight into what’s going on. But, and it’s a big but, I can’t carry on like this for more than a few days or the pounds will drop off, and there are no pounds to drop off. I’ll be having a few more (standard, for me) cabs this evening, as we have Paella planned for dinner, so I’ll play it by ear for another couple of days, and take it from there.

My viral thingy appears to be on it’s way, I hope, with the runny nose hanging around, but the swollen glands and headache seem to have gone. Hurrah!

So, today I need to do some domestic stuff, so that’ll all be very spiffing, and if someone could tell me where we’ve stowed the binoculars, I’d be very happy.

Play nicely boys and girls.
So happy your viral thingy is on its way out... Why do you need binoculars for domestic? I have a vivid picture of you being so long-sighted you cannot see the dust without them... :) I don't think I've been 3.7 since last summer... :( 6.2 this morning - my husband left me to sleep till 7.30 so felt headachy and hot... is that the liver dump do you think? I had chicken soup last night with swede and a little carrot being the only carbs...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Quite agree with that @Bluetit1802 - mine wasn't a Desmond course but something similar but I answered Qs the presenters couldn't after having been on this site and forums for over a month before I went on it
:cool:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
awww and here was I thinking it was going to be educational, ah well i am dragging my uncle to it who is also T2 diabetic for the last 10 years and still thinks he can eat all the cakes, chocolate, biscuits etc that he wants, him and the dog! with a bit of luck he might get a kick up the backside, he thinks I am going overboard in what I am doing and should just eat anything in moderation, (like his DPN has told him). I bet he finds an excuse not to go;)
:) Lots of people on here started a bit that way... the meds lull you into a false sense of security... everyone in my family moaned at me and my brother when they noticed what we were eating on low-carb... my sister especially went nuts at all the cream, butter, cheese etc that we are eating... :rolleyes: Now she is med-carbing - even eating mashed cauliflower instead of potato - just to lose weight and get her blood-pressure down...but it took a long time to convince her... :) Keep working on your uncle - it might be better, by the sounds of things, if he doesn't go to the meeting... ;)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Your kidding?? No wonder there are so many badly controlled diabetics. My DPN told me I would more than likely be on insulin in 10 years on my first visit. Just think of how much money the NHS could save if they educated people in order for them to adopt a lifestyle that could reduce their medication and the many complications associated with diabetes. Instead it would be all to easy for people to think what's the point if they think they will just progressively get worse as time goes on. Don't these health care professionals keep up with research?
Oh, well said Killer... summed up brilliantly... it's frustrating..

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Aww poor little mite, still better safe than sorry. Unfortunately I don't have any input with my uncle's dog on the vet front of things, wish I did he would be on a strict doggy diet, no matter how much he turned his little brown pleading on me. Spend most of the time with him fighting for the chair which he considers his property and is most unchuffed if anyone sits on it. Believe me you have never seen a dog sulk like he can, mind you as I go home with half his coat attached to my trousers he gets the last laugh.
Lovely... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.