Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

5.8 fasting, 5.8 post brekky, 5.1 pre lunch, 5.8 post lunch, 6.5 post snack if 6 apricot halves wth light syrup drained off. Starving and tea be at least an hr away :(

Reactions: 16 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there...
I haven't been around for a few days as I've been going mad with tons of stress and situations which I think are affecting my BGs.

I've been in the mid 5's for FBG for about a week now.

Only up to 6.8 yesterday during the afternoon, the culprit: Coffee with milk with an unkown sweetner (to me) brand that happened to be stevia (branded as Navia) . Milk and sugar always a problem...

Reactions: 8 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally got to test fasting bs at 08.30 which was 5.7. 2hrs after my usual time so I reckon my liver had done it's thing by then.

Reactions: 12 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Next week there's a camera crew going up my front end and yes .... I'm a bloke ......
Awww... just don't let them use a box brownie and tripod JtL... :( Good luck honey....

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Is that your waking figure ally?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Glad to hear it went well @Clivethedrive

A deserved 6.4 this morning after last night's overindulgence.
It's when we don't know what causes the higher numbers that makes us worry it seems... mine are back to low 5's thank goodness...:)

Reactions: 4 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning. Bridge night with the boys tonight, which is always a somewhat boozy affair with a nice supper, so may not be so good tomorrow morning.

Maxwell

Reactions: 11 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I use Stevia in my morning cereal but it doesn't seem to affect me too much
Stevia doesn't bother me at all, but cereal spikes me badly... Can you eat spelt bread as well? I'm hoping one day I can put a few carbs back... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi there...
I haven't been around for a few days as I've been going mad with tons of stress and situations which I think are affecting my BGs.

I've been in the mid 5's for FBG for about a week now.

Only up to 6.8 yesterday during the afternoon, the culprit: Coffee with milk with an unkown sweetner (to me) brand that happened to be stevia (branded as Navia) . Milk and sugar always a problem...
I hope it all settles down soon for you... stress is the worst thing... much worse than cake!!

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yesterday 5.7, today 5.2... After being up in the sixes for what seemed like a long time... :singing:

Reactions: 14 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.0 on the spot, family gathering this evening, won't be testing tomorrow, I know they will be in the 3.6 - 4 in the morning, vodka has that effect on me.

Have a good Friday and weekend everyone, back later.

Reactions: 14 people
Status
Not open for further replies.