Another 1lb bites the dust!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thank you! How are you sir? All going well? Any dives planned?

I was actually diving the day you posted this, so not ignoring you. :)

A brilliant day diving with sharks at the Blueplanet, in Ellesmere Port, then Sunday diving dressed as Santa at a quarry in Chepstow.

At the risk of being boring, I posted some photos of the days here.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...urviving-with-carbs.63648/page-15#post-705676

If you're ever in the area, and it's raining, (that's probably always then) I think it's well worth a visit with the kids.
Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet is next door, if you're into shopping as well

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I was actually diving the day you posted this, so not ignoring you. :)

A brilliant day diving with sharks at the Blueplanet, in Ellesmere Port, then Sunday diving dressed as Santa at a quarry in Chepstow.

At the risk of being boring, I posted some photos of the days here.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...urviving-with-carbs.63648/page-15#post-705676

If you're ever in the area, and it's raining, (that's probably always then) I think it's well worth a visit with the kids.
Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet is next door, if you're into shopping as well
Are you insane! Diving with sharks! Have you not seen the film "open water?" You would never set fin in the water again. Saw it at the cinema. Whole of cinema was silent at the end of the film! Enough said! :D
What's with you and treacle pudd?! One of my faves! Am now drooling! Fab post!

Reactions: 3 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Are you insane! Diving with sharks! Have you not seen the film "open water?" You would never set fin in the water again. Saw it at the cinema. Whole of cinema was silent at the end of the film! Enough said! :D
What's with you and treacle pudd?! One of my faves! Am now drooling! Fab post!

My daughters fault.
She fancied a christmas dinner with my mum, so it would have been rude to refuse.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Jack

Can you explain why the difference between the HBA1C table of 5.3% and the average of 5.8%. Is that just a variable?

Thanks Mike :)
it's a different measuring system A1c % and measure the sugar stuck to the red blood cell,
but you can convert it to finger prick blood meter and give av average over the 3 months
so 5.3% is a 3mth average of sugar on cell, which is also 5.8mmol/L average BG reading over the 3 months
have a play with the converter, put in one number and it will give you the other 2
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-to-blood-sugar-level-converter.html

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
it's a different measuring system A1c % and measure the sugar stuck to the red blood cell,
but you can convert it to finger prick blood meter and give av average over the 3 months
so 5.3% is a 3mth average of sugar on cell, which is also 5.8mmol/L average BG reading over the 3 months
have a play with the converter, put in one number and it will give you the other 2
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-to-blood-sugar-level-converter.html

Got it !!! Thank you ....

Just whacked in my 5.9% from my 3 month results and it gave me an estimated HBA1C of 5.3 or 34.6 .... if I'm doing that right ....

Mike

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My daughters fault.
She fancied a christmas dinner with my mum, so it would have been rude to refuse.
Fab excuse! Bought mince pies and cream laced with brandy for Christmas day! Will have one only. Especially as I would like Christmas pudd and rum sauce. On second thoughts, we might keep them till Boxing Day! Loved the photos!

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Mike D
put your percent in the left hand box marked DCCT - %
the middle square and high number, it's a1c on a different scale.. IFCC - mmol/mol
the right hand square is the blood meter BG In mmol/L

they do it just to mess with our head :)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Fab excuse! Bought mince pies and cream laced with brandy for Christmas day! Will have one only. Especially as I would like Christmas pudd and rum sauce. On second thoughts, we might keep them till Boxing Day! Loved the photos!

I'm not going to worry too much at christmas, I'll keep checking my BG, and eat accordingly though.
I seem to hit a peak of about 8.1 now on 'bad' carbs then drop back down to around 4 or 5, the time is usually well within the 2 hours, if I do get carried away.
It I eat 'good' carbs, the peak is a lot less.
If I'm exercising, I don't seem to see any peak.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I haven't posted on here for a while as had a bit of a blip over Christmas and put 4lbs on. But then lost 2lbs quite quickly. Then stalled but am now finally below 12 stone and that's with my cast on! So am now 11stone 13!!!!!!
I would like to dance around the lounge to this but the cast prevents me:rolleyes:

Reactions: 13 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So now I'm down to 11 St 11lb. Feel like.....

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
So well done Scandichic, just what I was at Christmas now 10st 11lbs, can be done. onwards and downwards, yay.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Actually make that 11st 10!!!!!!!!!!!! Now dancing round the room (in my head coz of arm) to:

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Got it !!! Thank you ....

Just whacked in my 5.9% from my 3 month results and it gave me an estimated HBA1C of 5.3 or 34.6 .... if I'm doing that right ....

Mike
Thats very good mike D ::))