Lab test readings and One touch plus Blood Glucose readings- Any Differences?

Diehard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
One doctor told me that there will be 10 to 15% variation in the blood sugar count revealed by One touch plus and the same blood sample tested in laboratory. Is it true?

Md.rose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know why so many type 2 diabetics worry about repeatability of tests or comparisons between meters as for each test;

The ISO standard for the accuracy of Blood Glucose Meters is:-
Within ± 0.83 mmol/L of laboratory results at concentrations of under 4.2 mmol/L
Within ± 20% of laboratory results at concentrations of 4.2 mmol/L or more.

So your meters may be within spec. And accounts for the changes that you worry about!

My new doctor follows the NICE guidelines! So I only get one test strip per week! So I purchased the Codefree as the test strips are a much lower cost compared to other meters and test once a day at night, to target getting my blood sugar within range before I go to bed.

I have found the Code Free very consistent in results compared to the one touch ultra that I have been using (still do one day a week)
The only issue with my first code free was the finger pricier whose spring catch stopped working consistently after 2 months.
The meter itself is very good and works on a smaller blood sample compared to my other meter. So very pleased with the code free

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Personally, I find a small variation from one meter to another, and even a lab report to be the minimum problem in blood glucose testing. What I am hoping for is a "smart watch" that can be inserted and left on the wrist and give a report of blood glucose as discreetly as possible. I hope the Google Guys can come up with it or even Big Pharma. Wouldn't be cool?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Last time I compared my meter with the lab test it was spot on. This was with a one touch ultra. I have the contour next now so will compare when next A1c is done.