Need to eat more fat..... But how??

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How do you get enough fat in? I think I'm not losing weight because I am doing too much protein and not enough fat. But where can I get the fat into my diet do you think? E.g. Today with my bacon and eggs I had a portion of butter just with it, is this the type of thing I have to do?! Do I have to eat more cheese?!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yes, that's fine..main thing is don't have anything low fat..if you get hungry, eat more fat
I have a fried tomato too

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Have mushrooms with your bacon and egg, cooked in butter. Have real mayo on your salads etc (Hellman's has virtually no carbs), plenty of butter, cheese, eggs, oily fish like salmon, olive oil, avocados, nuts, full fat yogurts.

Reactions: 4 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Or maybe you're having too much fat? I'm not losing weight so am cutting down on fats a bit to see if that works.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you get enough fat in? I think I'm not losing weight because I am doing too much protein and not enough fat. But where can I get the fat into my diet do you think? E.g. Today with my bacon and eggs I had a portion of butter just with it, is this the type of thing I have to do?! Do I have to eat more cheese?!
I scramble eggs in fat. If not enough bacon fat I add a generous helping of butter.

Applenerd81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs
Double cream with coffee. Peanut butter. Full fat Cheese. Coconut oil. Olive oil.
Any of the above will have your fat numbers in check. You can also make Fat Bombs - Google for recipes