almond flour

steveandkay

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi again sorry for all the questions,,,, where can you buy the almond flour from ive looked in my local asda and Tesco but cant find any ,,,trying to find ingredients for home cooking is rather hard .,, is there a web site or shop people know of to buy from thx in advance steve

K

Kat100

Holland and barret sell it

And of course on line ....

I only use mine when making a reduced carb mixture and it blends in with normal flour ...a half and half mixture ...

There are coconut flours and soya also to explore ....

I have used the coconut flour ...

Gram flour is great ..it's made out of chickpeas ....great for savoury cooking ... Enjoy your baking

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use almond meal..it just has the almond oil left in and it's healthy and cooks the same to me.
same with coconut flour, I use desiccated coconut

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
hi again sorry for all the questions,,,, where can you buy the almond flour from ive looked in my local asda and Tesco but cant find any ,,,trying to find ingredients for home cooking is rather hard .,, is there a web site or shop people know of to buy from thx in advance steve
You can buy it from all supermarkets it's called ground almonds. Look in the cake making/baking isle :)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Or but it online sometimes it can be cheaper. But check out the postage and packing. I weigh up whether its cheaper to drive and park or pay the postage.

K

Kat100

At the moment it is buy one get one half price in Holland and barret .....

Some asian supermarkets are great to buy these flours from ...much larger bags ...and a better price ..

Reactions: 2 people