Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

scottie1

Morning Scottie,
Don't go beating yourself up about your weight.
Did your Carbs & Cals book arrive.
I know your having eye problems at the moment. Can you ask your son for help, with the book.

Good luck with the optician.

Yes, it arrived Milly and I have been following it. It's amazing to see the difference between what I was eating and what I should be eating.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, it arrived Milly and I have been following it. It's amazing to see the difference between what I was eating and what I should be eating.

I know just what your saying.
I wish I had tested before I started lchf, What would fish and chips do to my bs, our local chippy gives large portions.

Reactions: 2 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to eat Muggle, please do. I have found that my BG comes down 2 hours post eating.
Finally got some breakfast Scottie :) I finished breakfast at 10:20, I will test at 12:20 and see how it's doing. It just doesn't make any sense how it can go from 6.6 at bed time to that in the morning!

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally got some breakfast Scottie :) I finished breakfast at 10:20, I will test at 12:20 and see how it's doing. It just doesn't make any sense how it can go from 6.6 at bed time to that in the morning!

Are you drinking water, they say it helps.

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How many hours without food and why Muggie?
I last ate yesterday breakfast. Then I had a trip to the theatre and I was completely unprepared. Straight after theatre, literally immediately, I had to take my son to karate class where he trained a double session. It's in a school so no access to food there. By the time I got back I felt too sick to eat. I always vomit if I eat late, and last time I vomited I almost died from internal bleeding because i ruptured my oesophagus low down next to my stomach and didn't know I was bleeding, so I just had to wait til my breakfast today...

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hows Muggle today.
Hi millysue im feeling a lot less light headed and shaky since ive had breakfast. Next time I have a day like yesterday im going to have to pack myself some snacks. No idea what but I know now it must be done. I always imagined no food would mean good bs levels but im clearly incredibly wrong! Hope you are well today :)

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I last ate yesterday breakfast. Then I had a trip to the theatre and I was completely unprepared. Straight after theatre, literally immediately, I had to take my son to karate class where he trained a double session. It's in a school so no access to food there. By the time I got back I felt too sick to eat. I always vomit if I eat late, and last time I vomited I almost died from internal bleeding because i ruptured my oesophagus low down next to my stomach and didn't know I was bleeding, so I just had to wait til my breakfast today...

That must have been very frightening. :-(

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
dawn phenomenon..it's hormones, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome...hopefully the before breakfast should be the highest of the day and before tea the lowest

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

Don't like the sound of that at all ...... dunno about anyone else's opinion but (close enough to) 24 hours without food would create havoc with me, diabetic or not. Consult your GP please .....

Mike :)

Reactions: 3 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi millysue im feeling a lot less light headed and shaky since ive had breakfast. Next time I have a day like yesterday im going to have to pack myself some snacks. No idea what but I know now it must be done. I always imagined no food would mean good bs levels but im clearly incredibly wrong! Hope you are well today :)

I think a lot of this made diabetes thing comes down to planning.
Making a snack to take out with you is something I've got to work on as well.
I like the Baby Bel cheese, so for me it will be cheese, radish, cucumber, celery and a few small tomatoes

Reactions: 5 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't like the sound of that at all ...... dunno about anyone else's opinion but (close enough to) 24 hours without food would create havoc with me, diabetic or not. Consult your GP please .....

Mike :)
I have a health check wed 11 March. Surgery won't allow me to see diabetic nurse until 2 weeks after the health check. They say this is because I can get the results of the health check when I see the diabetic nurse. I can't even make the appt. the health check nurse has to make it for me. I have no say in this what so ever

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A liver dump is when you have not eaten for a while and your liver thinks that you are going to starve to death so it dumps glucose into your system .Mine does this every morning !!!
CAROL

Reactions: 6 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A liver dump is when you have not eaten for a while and your liver thinks that you are going to starve to death so it dumps glucose into your system .Mine does this every morning !!!
CAROL
Thanks, that's reassuring :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It depends what you like to eat, but my "chuck into my handbag and forget about it, emergency snack" is a small packet of roasted, salted peanuts. Not dry roasted, as they have more additives that could be carby.

Ive just looked at the beaten up bag in my handbag now, 28gr peanuts, 180 calories, 5g carb. They're not a brand we have in UK, but most will be about the same. That bag can be fine, sealed in my handbag for months, but I know it's there if I ever get stuck.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a health check wed 11 March. Surgery won't allow me to see diabetic nurse until 2 weeks after the health check. They say this is because I can get the results of the health check when I see the diabetic nurse. I can't even make the appt. the health check nurse has to make it for me. I have no say in this what so ever

Frankly, that's complete balderdash. You call to make an appointment, if they ask what it's about, tell them it's private and sensitive. The receptionist must respect your wishes.