losing hypo awareness

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I seem to be losing awareness this winter . i don't no if it the cold weather ..if i'm sitting about at home and not doing much maybe watching TV .
i tend not to put my heating on i might wear a woolly hat on keep warm. The hypo seems to creep up. yesterday 3.00 o'clock BG down to 2.5 today 3.7 but with no symptoms i no this is my danger time of the day but I've always had symptoms. do you think that it might be because i changed from lantus to Levemir But this change of insulin was done last summer .

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I very much doubt it if you changed last summer, but you can never say for certain. Have you had a lot of hypo's of late as this can reduce your hypo awareness symptoms; as you probably already know Caretaker the usual advice is to run bg levels higher for several weeks (whilst avoiding any lows with careful monitoring) to restore the symptoms.

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I very much doubt it if you changed last summer, but you can never say for certain. Have you had a lot of hypo's of late as this can reduce your hypo awareness symptoms; as you probably already know Caretaker the usual advice is to run bg levels higher for several weeks (whilst avoiding any lows with careful monitoring) to restore the symptoms.
thanks
starting the pump on the 17 march (saline trail )
so there no real need to worry
i'll just run a bit high and test before 3 oclock

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
When you start on the pump you will testing a lot more anyway so hopefully you'll catch the lows before they take hold, good luck with the pump and hope all goes well :)

amar1921

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This happens to me very often because my sugars are almost always low, and like @noblehead said the best solution is to run higher for few days

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
it took me 3 month to get any kind of warning back, but run the sugars a little higher as mentioned you will get some kind of awareness back :)