kids tv was great

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
The excitement of going on a school excursion .... not so much the destination but I always got a packet of crisps and a McVities Chocolate Digestive in my lunch box! The one with the blue wrapper ... can you still buy them in UK? So many interesting places to visit in England .... and going up to London to see David Essex in Godspell. I never liked school but it wasn't all bad I guess :)

Reactions: 2 people

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
i miss the collectors cards they used to put in PG tips t bags, what happened to them?

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
And the cigarett cards, I've got a set my brother sent me when he was working in Jersey in the 60's of Old and New Jersey.
and the toys they used to put in the cereals, we had it good back in the day :)

Reactions: 3 people
C

chris lowe

The excitement of going on a school excursion .... not so much the destination but I always got a packet of crisps and a McVities Chocolate Digestive in my lunch box! The one with the blue wrapper ... can you still buy them in UK? So many interesting places to visit in England .... and going up to London to see David Essex in Godspell. I never liked school but it wasn't all bad I guess :)
The only trip I can remember going on was a trip to Earls Court to some sort of secretarial exhibition and there was a woman who was the fasted typist. The only reason I remember the trip was there was a car following the coach with Peter Frampton (The Herd) in the passenger seat. Cue a coachload of screaming schoolgirls rushing to the back of the coach to catch a glimpse :hilarious:

C

chris lowe

Any one remember the height of sophistication that was a Vesta beef curry or chow mein. I've occasionally seen the beef curry in one of the pound shops. Strangely I've not been tempted to buy one :)

Reactions: 4 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Any one remember the height of sophistication that was a Vesta beef curry or chow mein. I've occasionally seen the beef curry in one of the pound shops. Strangely I've not been tempted to buy one :)
I remember my Mum used to love the Beef Risotto ... personally never saw what the attraction was :)

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Oh Yes. I'd forgotten about the toys in cereals.............and the fights with my sister over who would have them ;):D
Anyone remember the Jamboree bags? A bag of rubbish sweets with a rubbish toy thrown in! Can see them now, next to the Pink Shrimps and Flying Saucers, in front of @jackthelad60's Black Jacks and Fruit Salads which was next to the Parma Violets. They were the days, I used to get my "Saturday sixpence" and rush over to the corner shop. Sometimes bought sweets or sometimes a new drawing book. Amazing how far sixpence went in those days!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
God, that's a real blast to the past! When I was about 16 (long time ago) I loved the Vesta Chow Mein, mum called it rubbish and she was probably right

Actually, that I'm pretty sure was my first 'curry' in the early 1970's, on a Saturday my mum would cook this and we would have it when I came home from my Saturday job at the kennels, happy day's :happy: I remember the Beef Curry more than the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Anyone remember the Jamboree bags? A bag of rubbish sweets with a rubbish toy thrown in! Can see them now, next to the Pink Shrimps and Flying Saucers, in front of @jackthelad60's Black Jacks and Fruit Salads which was next to the Parma Violets. They were the days, I used to get my "Saturday sixpence" and rush over to the corner shop. Sometimes bought sweets or sometimes a new drawing book. Amazing how far sixpence went in those days!

Sixpence, 2 1/2 pence wasn't it, I still have some old coins, one is a farthing, but my dad gave it to me lol not actually used one myself lol