Test results and other stuff

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I saw my GP today. The advice was to test a bit but I won't need to soon as 'only type 1s need to test'. I have ignored and have bought a codefree monitor so I can continue to test pre and post meals.

No idea why I can't see the dr I was referred to, but she managed to find on the system all but my original hb1ac which she thinks wasn't sent off by the hospital!

So blood work as of this week, 3 weeks post diagnosis, and low carb for 2 weeks is as follows...

Hb1ac 68. (A week prior it was 70 on a finger prick test)
Total cholesterol 3.9
LDL 2.43
Triglycerides 0.99
Hdl 2.9

What else is useful to know, I have a sheet full of things as I asked for a print out!?

Liver function now appears normal.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Fasting blood glucose?

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is that given a fancy name? Don't see it is not, but that doesn't mean it wasn't done she wouldn't give me everything, just the ones she thought were important,

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
It's just called fasting blood glucose. I think it's important. Of course, if you're self test in the morning before eating anything then you should have an idea what your fasting level is generally. It's just nice to have a lab confirmation.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the important thing is your HBa1C which is too high. What is your weight and what sort of diet do you have? Have you started low-carbing? As you may know when you test after a meal go for 2 hrs and it should be less than 8.5 mmol as a target.

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm low carbing and it has really brought my sugars down, most readings now under 7 pre and post food. I've lost half a stone, but plenty more to go!

Didn't bother telling the dr I was low carbing as I didn't think she would 'get' it being in the type 2 s shouldn't test camp!

Reactions: 2 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Blood pressure is also very important. I hope they check it when you go for a consultation.

I'm in Canada and they bold any results out of range and also put the supposed good range beside each result. Do they do that there? That may be the easiest thing go by when you scan over your results.

When I meet with a doctor or nurse I like to go over my test results before I discuss my diet. It makes it a lot easier when I tell them how little carbs I eat and how much saturated fat.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Your cholesterols are good :)

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On the sheet it had a warning by the LDL one as it was too low. I've never heard of someone going to the doctor and being told their cholesterol is too low! Every cloud has a silver lining.

I feel confident my hb1ac will be lower in 3 months, it has to be since I have cut out carbs, am probably doing under 20g a day. Not quite figured out how to eat enough fat to lose weight consistently, but I have lost half a stone in total in 3 weeks. I'm still adjusting, but I'm not gaining weight and I'm not hungry and my blood sugar readings are within normal ranges now.

Reactions: 3 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Go here trinity :)

http://www.hughcalc.org/chol-si.php

Your HB1AC needs work, but on all the evidence, you're working to improve that. I won't look back on your history, but exercise won't do you any harm. It worked for me .... quickly .....

Mike

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
your trigs are very good, which means your LDL are the light fluffy
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BFRi-nH1v8

upload_2015-2-28_18-33-10.png

upload_2015-2-28_18-31-4.png