urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
i looked at that frij stuff in the supermarket. Surprising isn't it. Possibly something to stock for hypos?

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Very good, gets the message across rather well.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I have never drank those kinds of things ... I guess I'm lucky that way.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
RRB. Do you mind if I repost this on FB?

No I don't mind a all, my adult child sent it to me and they go on facebook A LOT lol so it might of come from there? ? but please go ahead .

RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have never drank those kinds of things ... I guess I'm lucky that way.

I, occasionally might have a cold bottled water on a very hot day ( out and about) or a diet coke or Pepsi, Max, zero I can't remember the correct name , but my beloved tea is still my number one choice :happy:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I, occasionally might have a cold bottled water on a very hot day ( out and about) or a diet coke or Pepsi, Max, zero I can't remember the correct name , but my beloved tea is still my number one choice :happy:
I'm a tea junky and have been since the age of two apparently.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
its surprising with the amount of sugar in drinks, i drink alot of tea and diet/zero coke

Reactions: 4 people
K

Kat100

When are the soft drink makers going to go low sugar ...I know they do ...but I mean further ..

It's just amazing all that hidden sugar ....

I like coke zero ...always did always have .....

A good message there RRB

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My adult child sent me this, what a shocker :eek:

View attachment 12105
You don't seriously mean you didn't know about the sugar content in fizzy drinks? I can't remember a time I didn't know this so must be back in the late sixties or so. Everybody must know this or they've spent the last half century dumb and blindfolded.

Please note that this is an opinion and does not reflect what others may think. CC

Last edited by a moderator:

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was a real sugary fizzy drink addict before diagnosis. Probably contributed to my diabetes.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You don't seriously mean you didn't know about the sugar content in fizzy drinks? I can't remember a time I didn't know this so must be back in the late sixties or so. Everybody must know this or they've spent the last half century dumb and blindfolded.
Yes but i think the point with this display is that knowing a can of coke has 35g of sugar in it and actually seeing what 35g of sugar looks like are completely different things to most people.

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

Yes but i think the point with is that knowing a can of coke has 35g of sugar in it and actually seeing what 35g of sugar looks like are completely different things to most people.
And some people may not understand that a teaspoon of sugar is 5 grams ...think it is a helpful tool ...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

It is, to me, still a shocker :eek: and it probably was for others to read as well.:wideyed: I suppose my child was just thinking of me, with diabetes and knows I am a member on a diabetes forum. So my answer to your last sentence is, I am certainly not dumb or blindfolded and if ALL knew about the content, it probably wouldn't be circulating around.

RRB

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
And some people may not understand that a teaspoon of sugar is 5 grams ...think it is a helpful tool ...

Well apparently it would seem that we should all know,:wideyed: my humble apologises to all the people who have viewed the content and knew it all already.:rolleyes: :D
Morning @Kat100 :)

RRB

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It is, to me, still a shocker :eek: and probably it was for others to read as well.:wideyed: I suppose my child was just thinking if me, with diabetes and knows I am a member on a diabetes forum. So my answer to your last sentence is, I am certainly not dumb or blindfolded and if ALL knew about the content, it probably wouldn't be circulating around, thanks.

RRB
Agreed. As I indicated above, the 'shock value' for me is in actually seeing what 35 to 40g of sugar looks like. I't might change many peoples approach if they could see this. Just knowing that your drink has 35g of sugar in it probably doesn't really mean much to most folk. A useful post, thanks again.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I rarely drank soft drink but when I did, loved sarsparilla ...a LOT !!!

I shudder to think what a glass of that would do to me now. Don't miss it really .... sniff :(

Just kidding :)