The best cure for my type2 diabetes. My story.

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a bit freaked that you stopped all your medication, all at once, and went onto an extreme diet.
I know you have said that you are being monitored by your doc, but if your next test is not for months, then that isn't what I consider sufficient monitoring and medication absence, for such a drastic diet.

I'm very pleased that you have brought your fasting BG down to prediabetic level (not 'normal' level) and I think green smoothies are astonishingly beneficial, and drink them myself. But if I went on that diet I would probably lower my BG significantly - until I introduced other foods again. At this point my BG would rise and reveal that I am still a type 2 diabetic. How do I know? Because I have done it.

Normalising BG on a severe diet is not a cure. It may effect a cure (read up on Newcastle Diet) if you can then eat significant amounts of carbs without your BG rising out of the normal range - and that benefit lasts in the long term.

ALSO could you please confirm that you stopped your medication with the knowledge and consent of your doctor?
If not, you might want to make that clear by editing your original post.

The moderators of this forum are required to enforce the forum rules, which are that we do not make medical claims, we do not give medical advice, and we should not suggest/imply/encourage that people ignore doctor's advice.

Hi Brunneria
I can understand your shock and surprise,and concern,I had a very good reason to stop the medicines which i mentioned in the post, if i stayed on the medicines i would of died,i had a major blood loss and i never want to go back into that scare again, since i been off the medicines i have been great i feel great, my health is always checked regular by my doctor.I do not advise anyone to stop there medicines or change how they look after them self,I only pointed out i see this as my cure, because it works, i do eat fish chicken i do not erase all foods out my life only those i know affects my health,.. smoothies i have at breakfast and lunch and i have a main meal cooked in evening and my sugars stay low,i have had meals i know is working that is safe,i know the word cure is not what you want to hear me say, I know in my self that when you control a situation that can go out of hand it will control you, you as a person has to get in control of it or it will end you.that is the meaning for me in seeing a cure getting on top of it.

Reactions: 2 people

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Perhaps I'm contrarian, but I figure if I decide I'm cured, after 4 straight non-diabetic HbA1cs and low finger prick tests, I'll be tempted to creep back to the savoury carbs, regain weight, and potentially regain my diabetic status.

I'm sad to say, I've also been close to death. It's never a good thing when ones parents travel half way across Europe to say goodbye to a(n adult) child, but to be honest, that alone is enough for me to want to grasp every opportunity I have in life, irrespective of the fact my parents have themselves both died in the intervening period.

It actually sounds to me like you never accepted your diabetes, and may be in some form of denial, but I could be just extrapolating several steps too far there.

I honestly do hope you remain in good hEalth for many, many years to come.
hi i am sorry to hear of your loss, and i do understand your concerns in where i am in my life, sometimes i wish people would just look at the good in things that is working for me than see it as a bad thing it to me is helping me, i feel great i truly do, if i thought for one moment i was at risk i would not be on here typing all this,I do know some people start things and then give up, and I am a fighter i aim to keep doing what i do to stay fit and healthy,my doctor is happy that i am progressing and my sugars are in control and that is all that matters i am doing great.

C

catherinecherub

One morning feeling low on energy and tired, I decided enough's enough,so I decided to do something I will not advise anyone else to do, though I did it because I knew the medicines was making me ill,I stopped taking my medication to see if the symptoms would stop.
The moderators of this forum are required to enforce the forum rules, which are that we do not make medical claims, we do not give medical advice, and we should not suggest/imply/encourage that people ignore doctor's advice.

@Brunneria, No forum rules have been broken as the OP has made it clear that he/she does not advise anyone else to do what he//she has done. If you are concerned that any post breaches forum rules then please report it.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For info, I do not have a 9 at 2 hours after fat boy coke and cake (or at 1 hour for that matter). If I did I would not consider myself "cured". You are not eating a high carb diet and you are aware that you have to be careful about what you eat. A sensible approach and good control.

However/Alternatively, have you considered that you had some inflammation of your pancreas due to all of your conditions and rapid change into poor BG levels and therefore by reducing that inflammation you are back into normal function?

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Brunneria, No forum rules have been broken as the OP has made it clear that he/she does not advise anyone else to do what he//she has done.
if being positive is a bad thing then take my post off,i have not told anyone to copy me, i shared my story,and i know it is working for me,it is a sad shame i can not be open share how i feel in a positive light and be made to feel i am doing wrong for it,i wish everyone good health and a positive future with there health, and i do hope one day there is a real cure for diabetes for everyone. hugs xx

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For info, I do not have a 9 at 2 hours after fat boy coke and cake (or at 1 hour for that matter). If I did I would not consider myself "cured". You are not eating a high carb diet and you are aware that you have to be careful about what you eat. A sensible approach and good control.

However/Alternatively, have you considered that you had some inflammation of your pancreas due to all of your conditions and rapid change into poor BG levels and therefore by reducing that inflammation you are back into normal function?
hi andrew i have not fully addressed what my health conditions is or was, everyone is different and what food or drink suites your body will be ok for you, i do make sure i get carbs at a safe level in my body when i eat the main meal in the evening,plus i have a drink in the afternoon that is a complan type of drink it has all vitamins and minerals in it,that covers me for certain foods i know i can not eat as i have like an allergy attack to them.so i am aware what my body needs, if i went on the carbs full on it would be bad news on me,i only eat what my body accepts.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done for turning yourself around and taking control. I'd be interested to see how well you're doing in 6 and 12 months time, too.

I consider I have a problem if I get post meal readings of over 8, and would never consider myself cured unless and until could I eat all the starchy/sugary/high carb food that I now avoid and still keep to non-diabetic levels - which I certainly have no intention of doing, but that would be the only proof I could accept! I believe there are people who "beat" diabetes by keeping tight control, but for the most part I feel it's that control that keeps them well.

Robbity

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done for turning yourself around and taking control. I'd be interested to see how well you're doing in 6 and 12 months time, too.

I consider I have a problem if I get post meal readings of over 8, and would never consider myself cured unless and until could I eat all the starchy/sugary/high carb food that I now avoid and still keep to non-diabetic levels - which I certainly have no intention of doing, but that would be the only proof I could accept! I believe there are people who "beat" diabetes by keeping tight control, but for the most part I feel it's that control that keeps them well.

Robbity
hi robbity
thank you for your kind post, i know cure is wrong for me to use,no one seems to like me saying it, it does make me feel stronger when i know all natural safe foods, gods foods are helping with my health, it is the man made artificial things that are damaging,no one will ever be cured when you go in that direction of eating..safe foods is the answer and as long as i keep sticking to that path eating foods that work,i know it will prevent the sugars going up high and keep me in a safe range,why would anyone want to eat those harmful foods anyway, they may taste nice,it does no good on the body,i used to love eating those foods to,i wish i never did,maybe i would never of become a diabetic,we all learn from mistakes and errors how we treat our own bodies, and it is a harsh lesson,all i can do is never go back to those damaging foods.hugs x i will keep you updated how i get on, I do hope all works out for you to x

moonchip

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sad to say, I've also been close to death. ....... that alone is enough for me to want to grasp every opportunity I have in life,

So sorry to hear that you've experienced it too. I had it last year, lying on a bed trolley in the cardiac care unit with a Consultant telling me " now this injection will stop your heart. Don't worry - it'll restart itself after about half a minute. And if it doesn't then you're in the right place for it !"

Dry medical humour ....... you can't beat it !! :D

Reactions: 7 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So sorry to hear that you've experienced it too. I had it last year, lying on a bed trolley in the cardiac care unit with a Consultant telling me " now this injection will stop your heart. Don't worry - it'll restart itself after about half a minute. And if it doesn't then you're in the right place for it !"

" Don't worry- will stop your heart..." :eek::eek:
That alone would probably stop my heart ! :rolleyes:

Glad you came through it ok :)

Signy

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

that must of been very scary for you, i know i would be scared a doctor saying that to me, what if you never woke up? freaky to think of glad your still here xx

moonchip

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
that must of been very scary for you, i know i would be scared a doctor saying that to me, what if you never woke up? freaky to think of glad your still here xx

Ironically enough & contrary to what most would think, I was awake throughout ............. it just felt like i was being turned inside out.
I just concentrated on my wife holding my hand - but yes, I was terrified !!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
if being positive is a bad thing then take my post off,i have not told anyone to copy me, i shared my story,and i know it is working for me,it is a sad shame i can not be open share how i feel in a positive light and be made to feel i am doing wrong for it,i wish everyone good health and a positive future with there health, and i do hope one day there is a real cure for diabetes for everyone. hugs xx

Please re-read my post, you seem to have misinterpreted what I said.

And I am still interested in knowing whether your doctor approved your total cessation of drugs, strict diet, and the frequency of the monitoring you were given during this.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria, No forum rules have been broken as the OP has made it clear that he/she does not advise anyone else to do what he//she has done. If you are concerned that any post breaches forum rules then please report it.

If I had seen any obvious breaches of the forum rules then I would have reported them - as I have done in the past.

However, we all interpret the forum rules, in order to tailor our posts here.
Personally, I consider a thread titled
'The best cure for my type 2 diabetes. My story' (my bold)
Skates too close to the wind for my comfort.

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please re-read my post, you seem to have misinterpreted what I said.

And I am still interested in knowing whether your doctor approved your total cessation of drugs, strict diet, and the frequency of the monitoring you were given during this.
Hi Brunneria I already did address that my doctor is aware and satisfied with my health, I am doing great this is why he wants to see me in june, i have had regular checks and i mean in weeks not months and all is fine,like i said when medicines are causing problems to a persons body, they must come off that medicine if it does not suite them, it did not suite my body,like i said i would of died, i am grateful to be alive,if i stayed as i was on the medicines i certainly would of died, whether you want to accept what i say or not is up to you,I know i am doing great and that is all that matters.