New Stuff

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found a jar of P28 High Protein Peanut Spread/White Chocolate in Tescos today. It claims to have just 4 g of carb in a 2 tablespoon serving. I've tasted it and it is rather odd. It is definitely sweet and has a rather Horlicky oatiness to it. I haven't got the first idea what to do with it though. The blurb says that their are recipes at www.p28foods.com. I am off to investigate.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
ohhh let us kno ur findings xx

newtoallthis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Came across this too and nearly bought it but wasn't sure how it would taste so would be really great to hear how you got on with it... Thought it might be good to make cookies with

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still haven't got around to doing anything but tasting a teaspoonful of this to be honest, but I am planning on making something along the lines of Scandi's peanut cookies. Maybe half a jar, a little powdered sweetener, an egg and some ground almonds to firm it up. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 people

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll be honest. I made an attempt at biscuits with P28 High Protein Peanut Spread/White Chocolate, this afternoon. I used two tablespoons of the spread, about 100 g of ground almonds, two tablespoons of protein powder and one egg. Food processed to a ball, divided into 18 (was trying for 20!) and flattened slightly onto a tray. Baked 175 for 10 mins. I don't know why I am telling you all this, as they have not been an unqualified success. Look lovely, rather like macaroons, but taste dry and sandy and little flavour. Should maybe have added powdered sweetener, but the paste was quite creamy/sweet. Butter might have helped - or not. Life is too short to make bad biscuits. I was never a real biscuit fiend pre-diabetes as I don't drink tea!