What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

slice of oatbran and linseed toast with tons of butter can't recall pre and post and too lazy to get kit from kitchen but I was ok with it
broth with lots of cheese stirred in post 6.5
potato & turnip mash, cabbage and pork steaks in gravy - 5.2 post 2 hours - no idea what I was pre. Don't take my kit to my friends - can't stand to be in the same room when I test......I just go off my post reading weekday evenings.

Snacks - bit of oranges in jelly, 4 crisps out of a bag I then shared between the dogs (wasn't I good :angelic:), 2 sugarfree digestives, ah, that explains post lunch 6.5......

Might have a bit of my sugarfree choc

Reactions: 8 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank god its payday! Can get some decent rations in :)
B: coffee with butter and one coffee with cream
L: nothing
D: ham rolls with cream cheese, 3 baby toms, cheese coleslaw, brie. Blackberries and cream
S: slice of ham and chunk of cheese, 8 blackberries

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok... I had some crisps before dinner... that was as far as I went ... BG's up to 6.4 from mid 5's all day :(

I really wanted comfort food... ended up having half an aubergine with tomato and some halloumi cheese for dinner...

Lunch was black beans with cheese. and some chicken.

Breakfast was 3 finn rye crackers with cream cheese and parma ham, and coffee with cream

Yes, my diet went out of the window for the 2 days as I haven't been able to go food shopping or anything else... basically I've just been a zombie all day long... :grumpy:

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Ok... I had some crisps before dinner... that was as far as I went ... BG's up to 6.4 from mid 5's all day :(

I really wanted comfort food... ended up having half an aubergine with tomato and some halloumi cheese for dinner...

Lunch was black beans with cheese. and some chicken.

Breakfast was 3 finn rye crackers with cream cheese and parma ham, and coffee with cream

Yes, my diet went out of the window for the 2 days as I haven't been able to go food shopping or anything else... basically I've just been a zombie all day long... :grumpy:

Tomorrow is another day you could've done a lot worse than snaffle a few crisps....hope you feel better soon. Its always hardest to stay on track when you feel lousy x

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Got up early, ate three cherry tomatoes, made a flask of tea and went to watch the world wake up in the woods!
Second Breakfast : Mushroom Ommelette
Lunch : Cottage Cheese
Snack : Handful of nuts
Dinner : Egg mayonnaise with lots of salad. Yogurt and berries.

Reactions: 10 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon spelt toast one egg scrambled
Lunch plate of salad with coleslaw , spicy chicken and avocado
Dinner home alone so toss up between kippers or cheesy omelette

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

So far I've had Breakfast: My cereal mix, now with added coconut powder, and soya milk, tbsp of Caramel Skinny Surup
Dinner: flax seed "bun" (made one at last) with drained can of tuna in oil mixed with tbsp of light mayo. Followed by two coconut pancakes the size of a mug. BS went down :)
Tea: Will be the other 6 pancakes, though I don't know what to have besides. Maybe a little crumble and lots of thick squirty cream. Fancied omelette but already had/will have had 3 eggs today with one in the bun and 2 in the pancakes

The bun was a little strange. Cooked it in a shallow dish thinking it would rise to a barm cake sort of shape. Looked more like a thick fried egg complete with a bump where the yolk would be. Turned it out to cool and found that under the bump was a hollow. I used a knife and fork to cut it as it was sooo greasy when I picked it up and ate it with a fork with tuna mayo added to the fork full

Reactions: 4 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a strange one this morning.
Did 2 slices burgen with chia seed & cheese, then melted cheese under grill put other slice on & toasted both sides, pre reading 6.2, 1hr 5.2, 2hr 3.6, never known that before, will be having the same tomorrow & see if it happens again.

Reactions: 9 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a strange one this morning.
Did 2 slices burgen with chia seed & cheese, then melted cheese under grill put other slice on & toasted both sides, pre reading 6.2, 1hr 5.2, 2hr 3.6, never known that before, will be having the same tomorrow & see if it happens again.

Mmmmm.... Sounds interesting

Did you sprinkle chia seeds onto the bread before toasting it or was the the bread baked with chia seeds already in it?

Whenever I add chia seeds to anything, it always lowers my bs

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A few days ago I said I'd been craving comfort foods, well now I know why... I've come down with a lousy cold... Only had the flu 2 months ago :(
It just seems one thing after another .... And I've been picking at all sorts of foods... A few crisps, toast, ice cream and yes... The biscuits came out too! Ooh and a slice of lemon cake... Actually feel nauseous now... Serves me right!! :sorry:

S

Sable_Jan

A few days ago I said I'd been craving comfort foods, well now I know why... I've come down with a lousy cold... Only had the flu 2 months ago :(
It just seems one thing after another .... And I've been picking at all sorts of foods... A few crisps, toast, ice cream and yes... The biscuits came out too! Ooh and a slice of lemon cake... Actually feel nauseous now... Serves me right!! :sorry:
Hope you feel better soon. You'll have to get yourself some less naughty snacks that you enjoy. Easy for me as there's just me and the dogs (tho I do get other stuff for grandkids and one daughter pops in for dinner on her work days) so I just don't buy what I know I'll easily pig out on. Don't worry about what you've eaten. One day of wrong stuff shouldn't do too much harm unless you are prone to going hyper...record it and move on...x

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very odd day, feeling I just wanted to curl up somewhere warm. Planned the day badly with stuff going on so no proper meals after breakfast and had 3 lunches (snacks really) during the afternoon.
B: boiled egg & almond cheese bread with yeast extract, bulletproof coffee
L1: picnic, home-made veg soup in a thermos
L2: leftover fish pie
L3: poached egg on almond cheese slices with butter
D: out to curry & quiz night, so taking the last of my cheese bread to go with the curry. Will have to drink diet Coke to be sociable :( Black coffee afterwards hopefully.
*EDIT* Good evening out, plenty of different curries so I poked around and avoided most of the peas, baked beans & potato. Plus we came second in the quiz. Plus we won a hamper in the raffle. All inedible for me but at least I got a bottle of bath bubbles out of it.
Tomorrow: roast shoulder of lamb and lots of good veg, so hopefully back on track.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mmmmm.... Sounds interesting

Did you sprinkle chia seeds onto the bread before toasting it or was the the bread baked with chia seeds already in it?

Whenever I add chia seeds to anything, it always lowers my bs
Sprinkled on the cheese b4 melting. I was wondering if it maybe the chia. Will try without chia 2morrow. Then with again the next day.
Maybe chia added to the things we eat could be our salvation lol.

Reactions: 7 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sprinkled on the cheese b4 melting. I was wondering if it maybe the chia. Will try without chia 2morrow. Then with again the next day.
Maybe chia added to the things we eat could be our salvation lol.

I hope chia seeds are our salvation ;)

It'll be interesting to see the outcome of your experiment over the next few days... I'm looking forward to the results.

When I first started added these lil babies, mainly to the smoothies, I did notice blood sugars go into the 5's .... I was amazed and I'd re-test to make sure I was seeing correct figures lol.... Chia seeds are my friend :)

S

Sable_Jan

I hope chia seeds are our salvation ;)

It'll be interesting to see the outcome of your experiment over the next few days... I'm looking forward to the results.

When I first started added these lil babies, mainly to the smoothies, I did notice blood sugars go into the 5's .... I was amazed and I'd re-test to make sure I was seeing correct figures lol.... Chia seeds are my friend :)
Did a search on Chia seeds cos a lot of folks seem to be using them. Found THIS
9. Chia Seeds Can Cause Major Improvements in Type 2 Diabetics
white-bowl-full-of-chia-seeds.jpg

The most successful application of chia seeds to date was in a study on type 2 diabetic patients

In this study, 20 diabetic patients received either 37 grams of chia seeds, or 37 grams of wheat bran, for 12 weeks (27).

When they got the chia seeds, they saw improvements in several important health markers.

Blood pressure went down by 3-6 mm/Hg and an inflammatory marker called hs-CRP went down by 40%. A risk factor called vWF also decreased by 21%.

There was also a small drop in blood sugar, but it wasn’t statistically significant.

Given that chia seeds are high in fiber, it does seem plausible that they could help reduce blood sugar spikes after meals, but this needs to be confirmed in studies.

Link to the page showing all the benefits and potential benefits is http://authoritynutrition.com/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds/ - was rather taken with the blood pressure reduction...... Can add some of these seeds to my breads......

S

Sable_Jan

Just found a seller on eBay selling Chia seeds for £9.99 per kilo - all the rest are around double that price. Taking a chance they'll be ok for me.......

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did a search on Chia seeds cos a lot of folks seem to be using them. Found THIS
9. Chia Seeds Can Cause Major Improvements in Type 2 Diabetics
white-bowl-full-of-chia-seeds.jpg

The most successful application of chia seeds to date was in a study on type 2 diabetic patients

In this study, 20 diabetic patients received either 37 grams of chia seeds, or 37 grams of wheat bran, for 12 weeks (27).

When they got the chia seeds, they saw improvements in several important health markers.

Blood pressure went down by 3-6 mm/Hg and an inflammatory marker called hs-CRP went down by 40%. A risk factor called vWF also decreased by 21%.

There was also a small drop in blood sugar, but it wasn’t statistically significant.

Given that chia seeds are high in fiber, it does seem plausible that they could help reduce blood sugar spikes after meals, but this needs to be confirmed in studies.

Link to the page showing all the benefits and potential benefits is http://authoritynutrition.com/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds/ - was rather taken with the blood pressure reduction...... Can add some of these seeds to my breads......
Yes if I do get the right readings in my experiment, we could add them to foods we wouldn't normally touch with a barge pole, I believe when you soak them over night you can use the gel as an egg replacement.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just found a seller on eBay selling Chia seeds for £9.99 per kilo - all the rest are around double that price. Taking a chance they'll be ok for me.......
I'm sure they will be fine. They are a great like seed. Just imagine bread made from ground chia instead of wheat, but then even if it's added it could make a big difference to everyone's health.

S

Sable_Jan

Yes if I do get the right readings in my experiment, we could add them to foods we wouldn't normally touch with a barge pole, I believe when you soak them over night you can use the gel as an egg replacement.
yes, it does mention that in one of the eBay listings.......

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.