Help with these self testing numbers

jman2015

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
OK I have done some self testing at home to see what my blood sugar numbers are and am wondering if anyone could help me decifer if the numbers are good or not.

To start off with these are American measurements and I am 6foot and weight 203lbs- I know I need to lose about 20 lbs and that would help out a lot and am in the process of doing that.

Fasting blood sugar this morning was 113 and I thought that was high so I went and bought a second meter (true result ) and I got a reading around 100 on both meters. I know these meters have a plus/minus 20

I had also bought the store A1C test and used that twice and both of those were 5.5- last year when I had a blood test at my doctor A1C was 5.7 and fasting when around 99 but I was also very stressed from just having a baby.

I had then decided to do a oral glucose test and bought a monster energy drink with 81 grams of sugar in it.

Pre drink- 100
1 hour- 127-
2 Hour- 92
3 hours- 71

Then I ate taco bell and had a loaded potatoes griller with 54 carbs and 2 soft tacos with 17 carbs a piece for a total of 88 carbs,

Pre meal- 71
1 hour- 125
2 hour- 110
3 hour- will post when up.

Any help is appreciated and like I had mentioned I am in the process of losing 20 lbs and I hardly ever eat sweets or drink soda. Today was the first time I drank an energy drink in a little over a year.

Last edited by a moderator:

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK I have done some self testing at home to see what my blood sugar numbers are and am wondering if anyone could help me decifer if the numbers are good or not.

To start off with these are American measurements and I am 6foot and weight 203lbs- I know I need to lose about 20 lbs and that would help out a lot and am in the process of doing that.

Fasting blood sugar this morning was 113 and I thought that was high so I went and bought a second meter (true result ) and I got a reading around 100 on both meters. I know these meters have a plus/minus 20

I had also bought the store A1C test and used that twice and both of those were 5.5- last year when I had a blood test at my doctor A1C was 5.7 and fasting when around 99 but I was also very stressed from just having a baby.

I had then decided to do a oral glucose test and bought a monster energy drink with 81 grams of sugar in it.

Pre drink- 100
1 hour- 127-
2 Hour- 92
3 hours- 71

Then I ate taco bell and had a loaded potatoes griller with 54 carbs and 2 soft tacos with 17 carbs a piece for a total of 88 carbs,

Pre meal- 71
1 hour- 125
2 hour- 110
3 hour- will post when up.

Any help is appreciated and like I had mentioned I am in the process of losing 20 lbs and I hardly ever eat sweets or drink soda. Today was the first time I drank an energy drink in a little over a year.

Hi, Why do you need help, your profile says NON DIABETIC, no problems with your numbers as far as I can see, but we are not medically trained, looks normal to me, So what do you need to know?