Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I worry about you too lol! What a pair of worriers. Really pleased your glasses have helped, you've done lots of positive things today and that's great! Im proud of you. Ive had another tearful one, im lying on the sofa in the dark, curtains closed having a good cry. Had a difficult day with my 18yo daughter. Too upset to eat so that's another day of just breakfast for me. I sometimes go to bed wishing i wouldn't have to wake up because I get so worn down and utterly exhausted. Never mind I suppose I will bounce back and find my smile eventually. It's been lovely reading about your positive day :)

Hi Muggle,
Sorry I didn't see your post earlier.
Dealing with teenage children can be so hard at times. How I didn't strangle our first son I will never know.
I understand from seeing your posts that you have depression, I realy do know how you feel. I have been fighting with it for years. I find winters very hard, I am retired now, but when I was at work I was in an office without windows, so no daylight
. Going to work in the dark and home in the dark, and no daylight at all realy got me down.
Spring is only round the corner, springtime and seeing flowers in people's gardens helps me.

As Scottie says your not on your own.
Please try and eat 3 small meals, I'm sure it will help make you feel a little better.

Hope to catch up with you tomorrow.
BIG HUGS
Sue xx

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's better, can see you all much clearer now. :)

BG down to 16.0, still not good but better. Had a small fish from the chip shop for my lunch, it was lovely and I think I am having a fry up for dinner.

Thank you Muggle, I was under the impression that a LCHF diet would bring my BG down a lot, but that doesn't seem to be the case. But, like you say, it's coming down slowly and any reduction is good so I shall continue. When I first posted it was in the high 20's and low 30's, so it's great to see.

Hi Scottie, It's nice to see your numbers dropping but you mention that you thought they would drop quicker.

Not sure when you say your numbers are down to 16.0 when that number is taken, is this your fasting number, because that will be only a moment in time, unless you are testing pre meal and after meals you will not be sure where your sugars are and which foods are really affecting you.

You mentioned that you had a small fish from the fish shop, did you test before eating then 1hr and then 2 hr to see what you bloods were, not sure, but I would have thought the batter on the fish, unless you did not eat the batter would contribute to your High Blood sugars.

Hope you don't mind me commenting.

Neil

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
So glad it's not so sore now. Please don't be rushing back to work. When will you have the results, 14th March rings a bell?
Hi scottie have not heard anything yet, i was given a printout of what procedures they had carried out ..with a line at the bottom saying to attend guys hospital on the 9th march, but no time? I'm going to ring them monday morning to see what the results are. Hows your eyesight today ?

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi scottie have not heard anything yet, i was given a printout of what procedures they had carried out ..with a line at the bottom saying to attend guys hospital on the 9th march, but no time? I'm going to ring them monday morning to see what the results are. Hows your eyesight today ?

Morning Clive,
I would be surprised if the hospital would give you any results over the phone. If they don't, don't start thinking it must be bad news.
Do phone, you may be able to get an earlier appointment.
Enjoy your sunday.
Cheers Sue

Reactions: 3 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Mornng Muggle,
Have you had breakfast yet, I'm being lazy I'm still in bed.
Remember it's 3 meals today.

One day at a time Muggle, we will make it.
:)

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning millysue, im still on the sofa im afraid. My son has a rugby match today so im going to have to get up soon and get him breakfast, I will have mine then too. I do hope today is a lot less trying than yesterday, im fine when things run smoothly but when theres a blip it fair kills me :(
Never mind, I just have to start each day afresh and hope for the best. Hope you have a good day :)

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning millysue, im still on the sofa im afraid. My son has a rugby match today so im going to have to get up soon and get him breakfast, I will have mine then too. I do hope today is a lot less trying than yesterday, im fine when things run smoothly but when theres a blip it fair kills me :(
Never mind, I just have to start each day afresh and hope for the best. Hope you have a good day :)

Your so right Muggle, today is a new day, lets forget all about yesterday.
Rugby, I will be watch 6 nation rugby this afternoon, England v Ireland, Im not a sports fan, but I do like the 6 Nations.
Dog asking for her walk, must go

scottie1

Hi Scottie, It's nice to see your numbers dropping but you mention that you thought they would drop quicker.

Not sure when you say your numbers are down to 16.0 when that number is taken, is this your fasting number, because that will be only a moment in time, unless you are testing pre meal and after meals you will not be sure where your sugars are and which foods are really affecting you.

You mentioned that you had a small fish from the fish shop, did you test before eating then 1hr and then 2 hr to see what you bloods were, not sure, but I would have thought the batter on the fish, unless you did not eat the batter would contribute to your High Blood sugars.

Hope you don't mind me commenting.

Neil

I don't mind you commenting at all!

My fasting BG's have been around 18. I am testing pre-meal when I remember and it's usually around 17-18, post food it's going down to around 12-13, it didn't though yesterday, it was 18.4 after my fish and still 18.2 after I had had my dinner last night, so it sounds like it was the fish. I never thought about the batter and it is so obviously that, so battered fish will be removed from my diet now. Thanks for pointing that out.

scottie1

Yes, phone them on Monday Clive, they may be able to make you an ealier appointment, you never know.

My eyesight is still the same, but my glasses are helping a lot. Thank you for asking.

scottie1

Finally had my breakfast :)

So gald you have had something to eat (says me, who hasn't eaten yet). I do hope today is a much better day for you, please enjoy watching your son playing rugby, I shall be watching it on TV today. I'm going to struggle to eat some breakfast, as I so enjoy cereals and up until now have found if difficult to replace them, so i shall have to get my thinking head on. I don't want eggs or bacon or the like.

BG was 16.4 fasting this morning, that's the lowest I have had.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't mind you commenting at all!

My fasting BG's have been around 18. I am testing pre-meal when I remember and it's usually around 17-18, post food it's going down to around 12-13, it didn't though yesterday, it was 18.4 after my fish and still 18.2 after I had had my dinner last night, so it sounds like it was the fish. I never thought about the batter and it is so obviously that, so battered fish will be removed from my diet now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hi Scottie,
I'm trying hard to keep my husband away from the chip shop, I know if he came home with fish and chips I would not be able to resist. Lol

Glad the glasses are helping.

Have you done any meal planning for the week ahead yet?

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Muggle,

Are you on any medication for your diabetes?

What are you going to have for lunch?
Im not on any meds at all. Infact ive not been seen since the initial diagnosis appointment 4 years ago. And when i spoke to my doc a couple of weeks ago she wasn't too concerned about that. Id no clue im meant to be seen every year.
I will probably be having a ham salad I think,

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Im not on any meds at all. Infact ive not been seen since the initial diagnosis appointment 4 years ago. And when i spoke to my doc a couple of weeks ago she wasn't too concerned about that. Id no clue im meant to be seen every year.
I will probably be having a ham salad I think,

Sorry if I have got this wrong, but.
You were diagnosed with diabetes 4 years ago.
What were you told?

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
So gald you have had something to eat (says me, who hasn't eaten yet). I do hope today is a much better day for you, please enjoy watching your son playing rugby, I shall be watching it on TV today. I'm going to struggle to eat some breakfast, as I so enjoy cereals and up until now have found if difficult to replace them, so i shall have to get my thinking head on. I don't want eggs or bacon or the like.

BG was 16.4 fasting this morning, that's the lowest I have had.

I know just what your saying Scottie, I cant face eggs first thing in the morning.
I have Asda smart price porridge made with water not milk, probably not the best breakfast, but can't face anything else

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry if I have got this wrong, but.
You were diagnosed with diabetes 4 years ago.
What were you told?
Just that I have type 2 diabetes and I was given an a4 computer printout of foods i should eat, potatoes, pasta, rice, brown rice, sweet potato and all veg...
I had a blood test and a foot check and haven't been seen since

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Just that I have type 2 diabetes and I was given an a4 computer printout of foods i should eat, potatoes, pasta, rice, brown rice, sweet potato and all veg...
I had a blood test and a foot check and haven't been seen since

Four years is a long old time.

Remember Muggle, Scottie and I are going to support you.
I know you are struggling with things at the moment, but. I think it is time to phone your gp surgery and ask for a blood test.
Just say you are diabetic and have not had a blood test for 4 years.
Then, once you get the results, we will all help you with a plan of action.
What do you say Scottie?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging

I know you are struggling with things at the moment, but. I think it is time to phone your gp surgery and ask for a blood test.
What do you say Scottie?
Way ahead scottie!

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

What do you say Scottie?
I spoke to the dr on the phone. I can't see diabetic nurse til ive had my health check on 11 March. Health check nurse will make appt with diabetic nurse-i can't! Diabetic nurse will give me health check results whenever I see her. Doc wasn't at all worried that ive not been seen