What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wondering if it might be worth while starting a thread in food & nutrition. What you think.

Reactions: 5 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes if I do get the right readings in my experiment, we could add them to foods we wouldn't normally touch with a barge pole, I believe when you soak them over night you can use the gel as an egg replacement.

Ooh!!! I didn't know they can be used as an egg replacement... I'll do some research... See if I can use them in baking too. :joyful: Thanks for the tip

Reactions: 4 people

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast. Bacon with mushroom and tomatoes

Lunch sausage and cauliflower mash

Evening. Smoked haddock with poached egg

Treat one square dark chocolate

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All!

Been on hol for a few days, so limited time on line, but back now! :D

Eating has been great. Poss the best trip ever for sticking to LC, which I am tremendously chuffed about. I've come home feeling good, instead of flattened by just-one-won't-hurt-cos-I'm-on-hol

Breakfast has consistently been 2 out of 3 of bacon, sausage and eggs (looking forward to bingeing on green smoothies next week though!)

Lunches often out, but managed LC salads, protein and veg options

Dinners either dog friendly gastro pubs (we don't drink, and restaurants rarely take hounds) or back at base. The pub foods were steaks, burgers minus bun, or belly pork. Home foods were chicken curry, meatballs, salmon.

:D:D:D

Missed you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: German smoked ham and 4 baby toms with a drizzle of olive oil and splash of balsamic vinegar. Two coffees with butter
L: Out to lunch had gammon with fried egg and slice of pineapple with cauliflower cheese instead of chips. Could not resist a dessert - my sweet tooth has reared it's ugly head since I stopped having cream/yog/raspberries :-(

I need some advice. I've been low carbing now since October but I'm not loosing weight. I have cut down on cream and Greek yoghurt, and although I am struggling with sweet stuff atm, it has only been this week that it has been a problem as I have been eating out. I'm not sure what else I can do or change in my diet, any ideas anyone?

Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Greek yoghurt, frozen blueberries, flaxseed and sprinkling of flaked almonds. BS+2 = 5.7
L -2 x braised lamb steaks with onion and rosemary, savoy cabbage, leeks with white sauce made with cream. Small helping of Yeo Valley vanilla ice-cream BS+2 = 7.1
D - Home-made fennel and blood orange salad with Stilton cheese - BS+2 =5.6

Reactions: 12 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all! Lots to report from the last 2 days. Won't go through every meal but:

Food highlight: cauliflower rice, cooked Chinese-style like special fried rice, made by a friend = revelatory! I've seen lots about cauli rice but haven't tried it yet and always thought it would be cauliflowery (not that there's anything wrong with that) but this tastes very much like real fried rice to me.

Food lowlight sugar-wise: I had ice cream with banana, chocolate and peanuts last night. I was at another friend's house and, what can I say, I wanted it. It was delicious.

NOW FOR THE BEST BIT: I am now staying in a hotel where Pete Evans aka the Paleo chef is the food consultant and I am in seventh heaven. Breakfast buffet this morning: Includes delicious Gluten free sausages, free range bacon, vegetable frittata, KALE, gluten free cakes (I didn't have any) smoked salmon, ham, cheese, numerous fancy mueslis, fruit pots, little shots of kale-related smoothies, a coconut and chia pudding that I might try having read all the chia stuff up thread. And the restaurant menu... I attach 2 photos of the room service menu which is pretty much the same, to give you the idea.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1425182648.724520.jpg

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1425182665.612758.jpg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Food highlight: cauliflower rice, cooked Chinese-style like special fried rice, made by a friend = revelatory! I've seen lots about cauli rice but haven't tried it yet and always thought it would be cauliflowery (not that there's anything wrong with that) but this tastes very much like real fried rice to me.

Food lowlight sugar-wise: I had ice cream with banana, chocolate and peanuts last night. I was at another friend's house and, what can I say, I wanted it. It was delicious.

NOW FOR THE BEST BIT: I am now staying in a hotel where Pete Evans aka the Paleo chef is the food consultant and I am in seventh heaven. Breakfast buffet this morning: Includes delicious Gluten free sausages, free range bacon, vegetable frittata, KALE, gluten free cakes (I didn't have any) smoked salmon, ham, cheese, numerous fancy mueslis, fruit pots, little shots of kale-related smoothies, a coconut and chia pudding that I might try having read all the chia stuff up thread. And the restaurant menu... I attach 2 photos of the room service menu which is pretty much the same, to give you the idea.

View attachment 12113

View attachment 12114

I am very, VERY jealous

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Greek yoghurt, frozen blueberries, flaxseed and sprinkling of flaked almonds. BS+2 = 5.7
L -2 x braised lamb steaks with onion and rosemary, savoy cabbage, leeks with white sauce made with cream. Small helping of Yeo Valley vanilla ice-cream BS+2 = 7.1
D - Home-made fennel and blood orange salad with Stilton cheese - BS+2 =5.6

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast. Bacon with mushroom and tomatoes

Lunch sausage and cauliflower mash

Evening. Smoked haddock with poached egg

Treat one square dark chocolate
Perfect... :)

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 12113

View attachment 12114
I'd have to stay several weeks, just to get some way down that menu!

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 bergen toast.
L. Lamb chops, roasted butternut squash, brussel sprouts and cauliflower, mashed swede, carrots and broccoli. Bg post 2h 6.4.
D. Small bar of 80% choc

Reactions: 9 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast one egg scrambled bacon spelt toast
lunch huge smoked mackerel and bits salad- too big as BS 6.3 at 2hrs
dinner if Mr E ever comes in- chicken chorizo stew with green veg

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.