Humalog 100u to NovaRapid

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

As I've mentioned in previous posts I'm changing pumps to an Roche Insight shortly, as I'm full of intrigue I've now found on the web it only has pre filled cartridges that are NovaRapid, but I've been on Humalog cartridges for aprx the last 20yrs . What can I expecte are they similar, strengths, quicker acting, hypo effects, I'd like any advice please :D

iHs

I found that Novorapid tends to have a slower onset and slightly longer duration but some find that there's not much difference at all. Although the Insight takes prefilled Novocarts, its also possible to use cartridges and just fill with whatever insulin being used. The prefilled Novocarts are meant to be free of air bubbles but once the cartridges warm up in the pump, then a bubble will still form and if worried about them, then look out for a bubble in the tube and just prime it out or do what other pumpers do and that is position the pump diagonal or vertical so thst the bubble stays at the other end of the cartridge.

Reactions: 2 people

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Think I'd heard you can stay on Humalog as long as your ok filling your own cartridges, you do not need to go with the pre-filled ones ?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Slightly slower onset is s bit worrying when bolusing I suppose but i suppose it's going to be a bit trial and error.
I can't use the self fill cartidges as this is why I had to give up my Combo as I just couldn't see much on the syringe or any bubbles. It's got to be pre-filled

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

As I've mentioned in previous posts I'm changing pumps to an Roche Insight shortly, as I'm full of intrigue I've now found on the web it only has pre filled cartridges that are NovaRapid, but I've been on Humalog cartridges for aprx the last 20yrs . What can I expecte are they similar, strengths, quicker acting, hypo effects, I'd like any advice please :D
You can fill the cartridges yourself with what ever insulin you use or if you use novorapid you can have prefilled. The choice is yours :)

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You can fill the cartridges yourself with what ever insulin you use or if you use novorapid you can have prefilled. The choice is yours :)
Yeh that's what I'm going to have its just is there much difference between Humalog (what I'm on) and NovaRapid which the insight pump uses :D

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Yeh that's what I'm going to have its just is there much difference between Humalog (what I'm on) and NovaRapid which the insight pump uses :D
No idea as I use animal insulin in my pump :)
Mind you if the pump company had any common sense they would have built the pump so any prefilled cartridge fitted into it :rolleyes:

iHs

Whatever difference you might find between Humalog and Novorapid, you can adjust the acting time, the basal delivery and the carb ratio bolus so after a week or so, you should be ok