smash

steveandkay

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi there another question ,im still new to all this but could smash potato be used to replace normal potatoes.in moderation, thx in advance

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi here is some information regarding Smash.

How Many Calories in Smash Instant Mashed Potatoes
View calories and nutrition info per 1 Serving/29.0g of Smash Instant Mashed Potatoes and see how many calories are in 100g of Smash Instant Mashed Potatoes and its nutrition information.

Smash Instant Mashed Potatoes Calories and Nutrition per Serving (1 Serving=1 Serving/29.0g)
Calories 97
Protein 2.3
Carbohydrate 21.3
Fat 0.3
Fibre 1
Alcohol 0
Calories (with Percentage) for each Nutrient for 100g of Smash Instant Mashed Potatoes

Best wishes RRB

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
That's a no then.
I didn't know they still made it.

steveandkay

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
what do people use as an alternative to potatoes,,i have been a big mashed potato fan for years and could possibly live on it ,,,,its the food side of this where im struggling

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
what do people use as an alternative to potatoes,,i have been a big mashed potato fan for years and could possibly live on it ,,,,its the food side of this where im struggling
I've always been a mash lover too.
I had fish in cheese sauce with a stack of steamed veg dripping in butter the other night .... no mash.
In the past it would have had mash.
But .... seems normal to me now not to have the mash and thoroughly enjoy anyway.
Does take a little getting used to but ... if you don't want your feet cutting off or your eyesight failing .....

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Some people who low-carb use celeriac as a substitute for potato's, it has quite an unusual taste so its not to everyone's liking.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love celeriac, roasted just as you'd roast potatoes is my favourite, but mashed is good too :)

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mashed celeriac, swede & butternut squash with salt & butter. Be careful with the squash, it's a bit carby. The mixture mashes down a bit watery but you can strain & reheat. Also fry leftovers with bacon bits & an egg on top, or as bubble & squeak.
Don't forget swede takes longer to soften than the other two so boil or steam for 10 minutes first.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mashed celeriac, swede & butternut squash with salt & butter. Be careful with the squash, it's a bit carby. The mixture mashes down a bit watery but you can strain & reheat. Also fry leftovers with bacon bits & an egg on top, or as bubble & squeak.
Don't forget swede takes longer to soften than the other two so boil or steam for 10 minutes first.

Love swede, I'm having it again today ( twice last week) :)

Reactions: 2 people

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In mashed potatoes the starch has already been broken down, so the carbs hit the bloodstream quickly and will spike you. If you add a generous portion of cheese to your mash, then the fat in the cheese slows down the spike and you may be ok with this, but test to find out.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I was going to try it as bubble and squeak but keep forgetting and put all the cabbage in soup!