Not a newbie, newbie

JoStew-91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys, I'm Jo :)
I'm a 23 year old female from Scotland, UK and have had diabetes for almost 8 years now.
Although I've had it for this long I have only recently started to attempt any form of stable control over it.
Just got so fed up feeling so ****** all the time, I'm sure plenty of you can relate.

Chow for now :)

lilwoody85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jo
I was the same. I've had a form of diabetes for 8 years and been type 1 for about 5. I was in denial for a long time and eating a lot of rubbish but then got admitted to hospital with dka and now I'm behaving myself and getting it under control. I'm new to this forum too, can't work it out yet! Ha ha. I live in watford just outside London x

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hey guys, I'm Jo :)
I'm a 23 year old female from Scotland, UK and have had diabetes for almost 8 years now.
Although I've had it for this long I have only recently started to attempt any form of stable control over it.
Just got so fed up feeling so ****** all the time, I'm sure plenty of you can relate.

Chow for now :)
hi and welcome to our humble abode. ( also @lilwoody85 ) . Kinda surprised you managed to stay out of trouble for 8 years! So well done for that and glad you want to take control of it. Have a read of the forums and ask questions. Lots of experienced and helpful people here.

JoStew-91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jo
I was the same. I've had a form of diabetes for 8 years and been type 1 for about 5. I was in denial for a long time and eating a lot of rubbish but then got admitted to hospital with dka and now I'm behaving myself and getting it under control. I'm new to this forum too, can't work it out yet! Ha ha. I live in watford just outside London x

nice to meet you! tbh im stuggling a bit myself haha.
we will get there though.
oh I know all about dka, been admited plenty times.
one day though, the power will be completely ours ;) x

JoStew-91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
[QUITE="urbanracer, post: 783688, member: 140811"]hi and welcome to our humble abode. ( also @lilwoody85 ) . Kinda surprised you managed to stay out of trouble for 8 years! So well done for that and glad you want to take control of it. Have a read of the forums and ask questions. Lots of experienced and helpful people here.[/QUOTE]
nice to meet you & thanks :)
oh i didnt say I stayed out of trouble haha. ive had many admitions to hospital for dka and also for insulin overdoses. far from a quiet 8 years of ignoring it lol there have been spells in the time that, I do kind of look after it but I wouldnt test, od just guess my doses and levels. its about time I just did it properly! so im going to haha

Reactions: 2 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hya Jo
welcome:)