Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I spoke to the dr on the phone. I can't see diabetic nurse til ive had my health check on 11 March. Health check nurse will make appt with diabetic nurse-i can't! Diabetic nurse will give me health check results whenever I see her. Doc wasn't at all worried that ive not been seen

The 11th is not so far away

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Muggle, was that your second meal today?
What have you got planned for your next meal?
No nothing planned yet. Im still at my mams. I get a bit confused with all the carbs protein fats and stuff so not really sure what to have.

scottie1

I'm sorry to hear that Muggle, is there anything you like to do that's relaxing? Do you know techniques that will help? You could search online for some.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
No nothing planned yet. Im still at my mams. I get a bit confused with all the carbs protein fats and stuff so not really sure what to have.

I can understand that.
All I have done is cut out, bread, spuds, all root veg, and cakes biscuits, also crisps.

How about an omelette for later, just as it ready fill with grated cheese, nice and easy, and cheap

Reactions: 3 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sorry to hear that Muggle, is there anything you like to do that's relaxing? Do you know techniques that will help? You could search online for some.
Not really, I used to knit and crochet but I don't even enjoy that these days. The thing I seem to enjoy most just now is sleep

Reactions: 2 people

scottie1

I can understand that.
All I have done is cut out, bread, spuds, all root veg, and cakes biscuits, also crisps.

How about an omelette for later, just as it ready fill with grated cheese, nice and easy, and cheap

I have done the same, but now have also found that I need to cut out flour completely. Eating lots of meat, eggs, salads & fish. But your meter will tell you what you can tolerate, if you test before you eat and then 2 hours post eating, you will be able to see if what you have eaten has made your BG rise. Last week I found spuds made my BG higher so I know I can't have them now, which I am going to miss. I haven't had any bread in over 2 weeks, and I never thought that possible. On My Fitness Pal, after entering my weight and height, it calculated how many calories I should be eating and I changed the carbs value to 60g. Protein is still at 150g and I don't know what it should be.

scottie1

Not really, I used to knit and crochet but I don't even enjoy that these days. The thing I seem to enjoy most just now is sleep

Is there anything stopping you from sleeping? Could you just take a nap. If you feel tired then you need to sleep. Your body needs it. Hubby was reading the other day that a nap during the day is good for you. I wish I could sleep but suffer from insomina.

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't get a good quality sleep on the sofa, and im up multiple times during the night with my son so that's tiring. I could nap during the day if there's no one in the sitting room, it's hard when all the kids are home and watching TV

scottie1

For instance, I have had a mushroom omelette today which has used 292 calouries (daily limit 1200), no carbs and 24 protein.

To be honest, I can't see how low carbing and low protein can work together. What on earth are you going to eat if you can't have eggs, meat, fish etc and also minimum amount of carbs.

scottie1

I don't get a good quality sleep on the sofa, and im up multiple times during the night with my son so that's tiring. I could nap during the day if there's no one in the sitting room, it's hard when all the kids are home and watching TV

I shouldn't imagine that you do Muggle, which is why you shouldn't be sleeping on the sofa. Is there anything we can do to help?

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I shouldn't imagine that you do Muggle, which is why you shouldn't be sleeping on the sofa. Is there anything we can do to help?
Thanks Scottie but I don't think so. I had a camp bed but the mattress was so hard and unsupportive and thin that I just went back to the sofa. I will get another mattress eventually when I have some spare pennies

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i don't like to think of you without a bed. I wish there was something I could do.
Ah that's sweet thank you Scottie, it's fine though I will get sorted eventually. Even with a bed i will still be up and down with my boy lol

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Is there anything stopping you from sleeping? Could you just take a nap. If you feel tired then you need to sleep. Your body needs it. Hubby was reading the other day that a nap during the day is good for you. I wish I could sleep but suffer from insomina.
Scottie, did you hear about the insomniac who was also dyslexic and an atheist.....lay awake night after night....wondering if there was a dog .

Reactions: 6 people

scottie1

Just looked at me op with a mirror .......wish i hadn't its black an blue down there an still passing a bit of blood, but strange to say i feel ok otherwise scottie ::))

Is it normal to pass blood? Don't know much about the prostate but am happy you are feeling okay.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Is it normal to pass blood? Don't know much about the prostate but am happy you are feeling okay.
They said a little would be ok but it clots start appearing to go to a & e , or if i got a high temp' anyway having roast pork an cracking with fennel for dinner so i'll have to be ok ::))

Reactions: 5 people