Paint on my hamster!

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks

This question is gonna sound a tad crackers, but needs must. Been decorating today...does anyone know how to get gloss paint off a hamster?! :angelic: I don't wanna use turps etc. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks. Ali. X

Dazza1984

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks

This question is gonna sound a tad crackers, but needs must. Been decorating today...does anyone know how to get gloss paint off a hamster?! :angelic: I don't wanna use turps etc. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks. Ali. X

Speaking as a vet best to leave it until it grows/falls off. Most things wont 'agree' with small furries I am afraid :-(
How much is on it?

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

Hi folks

You may have to bite the bullet and snip it out. Poor hammy may look a bit rough for a few weeks but it will grow back, and there's no risk of harming him

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I would , very carefully, snip it off, you don't want hammy licking it when washing :wideyed:
I love hamsters, they are so cute, just like dormice :D I hope you can get it off.

Best wishes RRB

Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Speaking as a vet best to leave it until it grows/falls off. Most things wont 'agree' with small furries I am afraid :-(
How much is on it?[/QUOTE
How much is on it?

Hi Dazza & Chris

My hamster "Bumpy Boy" has got white gloss on his side, maybe 2.5cm square in total. It doesn't appear to be bothering him now that it's dried. And he's lively enough, eating ok. So, perhaps I could snip off the longer hair & wait for the rest to grow out. I was worried that the chemicals in the paint might harm him. Thank you for the advice. Ali. X

S

Shar67

Oil takes oil based paint out, animal,fat oil is the best but a vegi oil will di it as well.
Get a little oil on your fingers lift paint part away from body and gently rub I get a piece of kitchen Towel and remove oil and paint should lift away

Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oil takes oil based paint out, animal,fat oil is the best but a vegi oil will di it as well.
Get a little oil on your fingers lift paint part away from body and gently rub I get a piece of kitchen Towel and remove oil and paint should lift away

That's gotta be worth a try. Thanks Shar67. X

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Agreed ... REALLY quick way to do it.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Give it an overall re-spray. That way, at least it'll be a consistent colour :D

PS: before anyone reports me to the RSPCA, this is a joke, OK? I love small furry animals. Particularly with a side order of fries :)

I'll get me coat .............

Reactions: 11 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You should have used a brush. Probably find hairs all over the woodwork now.:facepalm:

Reactions: 10 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

PS: before anyone reports me to the RSPCA, this is a joke, OK? I love small furry animals. Particularly with a side order of fries :)

Would that be undercoat or top coat. Metalic finish with metaflake so you can find it in the dark.:D

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Lol @jay hay-char. Bumpy boy seems none the worse for his adventure & has retreated to his toadstool house after having a good haircut. He does look a tad patchy because of it, but he can carry off that "punk" vibe me thinks. Thanks for making me smile. Have a good Sunday.
Ali. :)

Reactions: 6 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol @jay hay-char. Bumpy boy seems none the worse for his adventure & has retreated to his toadstool house after having a good haircut. He does look a tad patchy because of it, but he can carry off that "punk" vibe me thinks. Thanks for making me smile. Have a good Sunday.
Ali. :)
Glad to hear he's OK and I hope you have a good Sunday too.

Can't help feeling - if he's looking punky - that you need to re-think his name :D

Reactions: 5 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Glad to hear he's OK and I hope you have a good Sunday too.

Can't help feeling - if he's looking punky - that you need to re-think his name :D

LOL. Perhaps Richard Rotton. Forgot just how good The Young Ones is. Thanks for adding it. Ali. X

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

LOL almost as good as 'A dog isn't just for Christmas, they're also quite good cold on Boxing Day' :***:

Can we have a photo of the punk hamster Alison?

Reactions: 6 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bumpy boy post paint adventure. Cute as a button. X
image.jpg

Reactions: 11 people