What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

We'll tea is in the oven. Whole pack of Sainsburys fresh fish pie mix baked with butter and parsley. Cheese sauce in microwave, frozen block from a friend so although milk and flour the cheese content is abt a ton! Home made baked beans to complement....

Reactions: 10 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a strange one this morning.
Did 2 slices burgen with chia seed & cheese, then melted cheese under grill put other slice on & toasted both sides, pre reading 6.2, 1hr 5.2, 2hr 3.6, never known that before, will be having the same tomorrow & see if it happens again.
Test was inconclusive as I never got a reading like above second time around.
Here's 2days results.
Without chia.
B4 - 6, 1hr - 7.6, 2hr - 5.4.
Seems Burgen is ok anyway as now massive rise.
With chia
B4 - 5.3, 1hr - 6.9, 2hr - 6.2.
Same rise, slower dropoff.
How the original readings came to be god only knows. Very strange.

Reactions: 11 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Scram eggs n bacon and a latte
L: mr B's beloved burgers, cauli cheese and green beans
S: some (too much) Marvellous creations popping/jelly Cadbury's dairy milk. :sorry:
D: may have a spoon of peanut butter

I'm tired, bone deep tired, with a chest infection, and sleep-deprived aching eyes.
Need to go to bed early this evening if I want to avoid being The Walking Dead at work tomorrow.
Just hope the coughing doesn't keep me awake this time...

Reactions: 8 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First spring lamb arrived this week so dinner was a 1.5kg shoulder anointed with olive oil, garlic, rosemary & salt and slow-cooked in a shallow pan of water. With red wine gravy thickened with buckwheat (no stock cube!), and celeriac & butternut squash mash & steamed leeks, broccoli & cauli.
There's enough left for a small shepherd's pie and some slices to eat with salad and I'll put the bone and fat in the pressure cooker tomorrow to make some stock with dripping forming on top when it cools. Not bad value for £11.

Sympathies to @Brunneria by the way :nurse: do you have to go to work?

S

Sable_Jan

S: some (too much) Marvellous creations popping/jelly Cadbury's dairy milk. :sorry:

I'm tired, bone deep tired, with a chest infection, and sleep-deprived aching eyes.
Need to go to bed early this evening if I want to avoid being The Walking Dead at work tomorrow.
You don't sound fit to be going to work tomorrow :( take care of yourself.... x

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First spring lamb arrived this week so dinner was a 1.5kg shoulder anointed with olive oil, garlic, rosemary & salt and slow-cooked in a shallow pan of water. With red wine gravy thickened with buckwheat (no stock cube!), and celeriac & butternut squash mash & steamed leeks, broccoli & cauli.
There's enough left for a small shepherd's pie and some slices to eat with salad and I'll put the bone and fat in the pressure cooker tomorrow to make some stock with dripping forming on top when it cools. Not bad value for £11.

Sympathies to @Brunneria by the way :nurse: do you have to go to work?

You ate a kilo and a half of lamb?
I'm REALLY impressed.
Even I couldn't compete with that! ;)

Sadly, yes, work is necessary. First day back after a week off. Even if I called in sick I would spend the day stressing about the start-of-month workload building up. That's the reason we were on hol last week (end of month) not this week...

But will see how I go. And I've got midweek booked to work at home (to get more done), so that will help. :)

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only 2 meals today. Large coffee with cream and coconut oil, then I cooked brunch which was Jerusalem Artichoke Hash, a recipe from my Riverford box. I can highly recommend and it didn't spike me at all: I substituted the poached egg on top with grated cheese and stirred in some double cream before serving. BS +2 = 6.2

Tea was the remainder of my fennel and blood orange salad with 1 babybell followed by berries and cream BS+2 = 6.6

2 x coffee and cream and 2 squares of Lindt 90% dark choc

Jerusalem artichoke hash
IMG-20150301-02350.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

Only 2 meals today. Large coffee with cream and coconut oil, then I cooked brunch which was Jerusalem Artichoke Hash, a recipe from my Riverford box. I can highly recommend and it didn't spike me at all: I substituted the poached egg on top with grated cheese and stirred in some double cream before serving. BS +2 = 6.2

Tea was the remainder of my fennel and blood orange salad with 1 babybell followed by berries and cream BS+2 = 6.6

2 x coffee and cream and 2 squares of Lindt 90% dark choc

Jerusalem artichoke hash
View attachment 12131
Looks tasty. Never had artichokes. Tried canned artichoke bottoms...salty, very salty and meaty texture, just no taste :(

Reactions: 2 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday:
B: buffet breakfast of amazingness at hotel. (Sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, veg frittata, cheese, kale, mushrooms).
No lunch.
D: at an Italian restaurant (always a challenge): griddled fish, scallops and squid, salad, a few mussels in tomato and chilli sauce. 1 glass white wine. Coffee with jamesons in (scooped off all the cream as it was squirty cream hence sweetened).

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
So far today...mushroom & cheese omelette, tea with cream, 6 walnuts & a plum.

Got smoked haddock for teatime, roast asparagus, mixed salad with Caesar dressing. SF jelly with cream for pudding.

Graze throughout the day. Perhaps some celery with light cream cheese, an oatcake or 2 with Houmous or sliced peppers with guacamole.

Cooked meals get sprinkled with chia seeds.

Still new to this so doing my best to eat healthier. Hoping food choices become easier & I don't get stuck in a rut eating the same thing day in day out. Aiming for low carbs & healthy intake of fat.

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

I hope you feel better soon... you maybe need a day off work - it sounds like a nasty bug... :(

Reactions: 3 people

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's my first day on low carb/high fat diet
Breakfast
3 rashers of bacon and 2 fried eggs and a black coffee
snack
Some unsalted nuts and a babybel cheese and a creamy coffee
Lunch
Mackerel fillets in sunflower oil and mixed salad and a dollop of Mayo with a pice of rye bread with butter
Snack
Tangerine
Dinner
mulligatawny soup from low carb/ high fat book

Reactions: 14 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
It's my first day on low carb/high fat diet
Breakfast
3 rashers of bacon and 2 fried eggs and a black coffee
snack
Some unsalted nuts and a babybel cheese and a creamy coffee
Lunch
Mackerel fillets in sunflower oil and mixed salad and a dollop of Mayo with a pice of rye bread with butter
Snack
Tangerine
Dinner
mulligatawny soup from low carb/ high fat book
Happy low-carbing... Very good first day... better than mine, for sure... :) not sure about the rye bread and tangerine, they both spiked me so badly I never touched again... :( Which recipe book did you get your mulligatawny soup from... sounds lovely... :)

Reactions: 4 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First day back after a week off. Even if I called in sick I would spend the day stressing about the start-of-month workload building up. That's the reason we were on hol last week (end of month) not this week...

But will see how I go. And I've got midweek booked to work at home (to get more done), so that will help. :)
How did it go?

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yesterday:
B: buffet breakfast of amazingness at hotel. (Sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, veg frittata, cheese, kale, mushrooms).
No lunch.
D: at an Italian restaurant (always a challenge): griddled fish, scallops and squid, salad, a few mussels in tomato and chilli sauce. 1 glass white wine. Coffee with jamesons in (scooped off all the cream as it was squirty cream hence sweetened).
Not all squirty cream is,sweetened but best not to take the risk... Think u might have one if those tonight, homemade version of course

S

Sable_Jan

So far today...mushroom & cheese omelette, tea with cream, 6 walnuts & a plum.

Got smoked haddock for teatime, roast asparagus, mixed salad with Caesar dressing. SF jelly with cream for pudding.

Graze throughout the day. Perhaps some celery with light cream cheese, an oatcake or 2 with Houmous or sliced peppers with guacamole.

Cooked meals get sprinkled with chia seeds.

Still new to this so doing my best to eat healthier. Hoping food choices become easier & I don't get stuck in a rut eating the same thing day in day out. Aiming for low carbs & healthy intake of fat.
Sound ok so far but watch the oatcakes. Mine have 4.5 g carbs each...easy to eat a lot ;)

S

Sable_Jan

Happy low-carbing... Very good first day... better than mine, for sure... :) not sure about the rye bread and tangerine, they both spiked me so badly I never touched again... :( Which recipe book did you get your mulligatawny soup from... sounds lovely... :)
Snap, that's what I was thinking abt the soup.

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
1 ryvita with marmite for breakfast
2 slices of burgen soya and linseed bread with tuna for lunch
Cauliflower cheese with 2 slices of grilled bacon, just consumed !

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How did it go?

Bless you for asking!

I sort of paced myself, all day, knowing that I could curl up with the cat, dogs and a nice cuppa for the evening... All was going well, energy expenditure was steadily running down, as planned.

Then I get a text from sis in law 'can we pop in this evening?'

Er... Yeah. Sure. Bang goes my chill time.
But I wouldn't want to say no. She is lovely. So is her daughter. And apparently they need somewhere warm between an extra maths tuition class and picking son up from whatever sporting practice he does on Monday nights.

So I'm about to whizz the Hoover round and make sure Mr B has left the bathroom presentable...

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cold meat and cheese for breakfast with a cup of coffee with splash of milk
lunch was salad and some chickpea flour and yogurt curry with loads of salad
dinner will be roasted chicken with more salad

Status
Not open for further replies.