Lovely big Tulips

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One day I'd gone to my Grandmas house and was fascinated by the way she made jam. "You can make jam out of almost anything" she said,passing me a spoon of home made strawberry jam. "why don't you go home and try for yourself". With that I set off home and started to look for something to make my first lot of jam. I'm going to make something really special for Grandma and I know just the thing, I thought. Over in the corner of my room was Billy the Hamster, wasn't really keen of him, smelly dirty thing, so I thought he'll do. Off I tootled down to the kitchen with Billy and started to mix the ingredients into my pan. Last thing to go in was poor old Billy. I stirred the ingredients until it was the right consistency of jam, waited till it had cooled and then poured it into a jar. Grandma's going to love this I thought.
Next day I ran to Grandma's house with my jar of home made Billy jam. When Grandma saw the jar she said "that's wonderful, what did you make it with?" I said "I made it with Billy my Hamster and sugar". "Ooooh, that's disgusting" she said, then took the jar from my hands and threw it out of the window into the back garden. The jar landed right on the Tulip patch and broke, spilling the jam all over the ground. Grandma was really annoyed and sent me home straight away.
Next morning the phone rang, it was Grandma. "Quick come over here and have a look at this, it's amazing". I put down the phone and ran as quick as I could. "What is it Grandma?" I said."Look over there at my Tulips, they are so big" she replied. "I have never had such big and beautiful Tulips in all the time I have grown them, it's a miracle". I must admit I had never seen so many big and healthy looking Tulips, they were lovely.

The moral of this story is
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
The best Tulips are grown in HAMSTER JAM
tulips.jpg

Reactions: 11 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Groan ... :facepalm:

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeh, somebody I know waited a while for hers, it's exciting, like waiting for Santa to arrive. He will arrive eventually probably with a nice tan and empty pockets!! Then he still has the journey in the post van to look forward to, I dread to think what he might get up to, little rascal
Well I'm glad if he's going to arrive with empty pockets, he's going to you.:happy::happy:

Reactions: 2 people