Newly diagnosed

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Many people find LCHF is great for losing weight too.

Evelyn1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My dietician says that I need to eat 150g carbs per day. Eg. 30g per meal. I am worried that my sugar level will spike alot. She ask me to follow the instructions and she will see me in the next 3 months.

My endocrinologist told me eating medicine doesn't mean it is not good. It helps the body to control the insulin. Is it true? But I would rather be without medication.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
My dietician says that I need to eat 150g carbs per day. Eg. 30g per meal. I am worried that my sugar level will spike alot. She ask me to follow the instructions and she will see me in the next 3 months.

My endocrinologist told me eating medicine doesn't mean it is not good. It helps the body to control the insulin. Is it true? But I would rather be without medication.

If you want to end up on more medication, then following the dietician's advice is a great way to go. So many of them seem to know nothing about diabetes. My advice - ignore her, go low-carb and make her speechless with the results you show her in 3 months time.

I'm not on any medication, they all do slightly different things, but there's no reason why you can't manage this without meds - you need to embrace it positively though and adopt the mindset that this is a new lifestyle not just a diet. Lots of people on here have done it.

Reactions: 3 people

Evelyn1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks sanguine. Yes I don't want to end up having more medication. That's why I didnt follow her instructions.

Reactions: 6 people

Evelyn1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The only carbs that I eat was wholemeal bread in the morning.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
I agree with most of whats been said....I was down and shocked when I heard the news almost 4 months ago. I used to crave stuff and didnt realise it and was in denial. Once I realised this was about my future quality of life...it was a no brainer...one of the few things you can actually improve with diet and exercise....I NEVER thought I would be able to do it...now I've done it I wish I had done it 10 years ago...I would have been fitter...fresher...younger in mind physique and spirit...just wasn't diagnosed with Diabetes then and carried on stuffing myself....Give it your best shot...believe things will improve and make changes each day....GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 2 people

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
now I've done it I wish I had done it 10 years ago..

Hindsight has a way of making you feel like that, I felt the same, but on the other hand I would have never made healthy choices without diabetes, I would have likely carried on until something worse happened. so in some respects diabetes has been my saviour.

Reactions: 4 people