Scared of eating now - cry for help

NICNAK68

Hi all,

I am scared of eating now.

I have put on so much weight over the past few years by eating the "wrong" foods and having to inject massive amounts of insulin so my BS stay somewhat ok.

My Mum is constant on at me to lose weight - I am 46, I have tried to ask her to stop going on at me but she won't.

If I dont eat but still take a small amout of insulin will I lose weight ?

I am now finding it hard to walk or do simple things for myself - pleae help

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
It will be often repeated but the first thing that you need to always remember is make sure you look after yourself and lose weight healthily. Speak to your HCP/DSN/dietician and work with them to come up with a plan that works for you. Many people on the forum will advocate a LCHF diet and many people have been successful with that type of diet but it needs to work for you too so explore your options with your care team.

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I have put on so much weight over the past few years by eating the "wrong" foods and having to inject massive amounts of insulin so my BS stay somewhat ok.

My Mum is constant on at me to lose weight - I am 46, I have tried to ask her to stop going on at me but she won't.

Have you tried reducing your carbs a bit? You would then need less insulin. You don't have to go very low carb but try eating say 150g carbs a day to see how you get on.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
So sorry to hear that nicnak. Have you tried talking to your diabetes team or your GP may have to refer you.? Best thing is that you are seeking help. Can you write a diary of your food intake over a few days and then try and tweak it, maybe by reducing your carbs, or alcohol intake if you drink, thus needing less Insulin. Just take little steps at a time, you can do it if you really want to and I'm sure your mum means well, but being nagged and negative isn't going to help your well being.
Have a good look around the forum, as it has some good low carb food posts.
I hope you can do it, remember, 'give up, give in, or give everything.' :) It could be the big turning point of your life.

Take care and all the best,

RRB

Reactions: 4 people

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
That sounds very sad. Is there just a complete lack of care in your area? Or are you just not feeling motivated enough to seek it out? I'm sure if you ask around the forum, there will be someone in your area or nearby that would be able to make a few suggestions. Any condition that requires a lifelong commitment (such as diabetes) should not have to be endured alone.

Reactions: 4 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi all,

Would going to something like weight watchers help at all? I ask because you will have fellow dieters for moral support.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi & welcome.
Carbs are our enemy & by cuttings these slowly & increasing your fat & protein intake you should begin to feel a portion better & be more able to sort things out so you again better control.
Good luck & there's always some here you can talk to.♡

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As others have said, do take things gradually. Reduce the carbs right down as fast as you reasonably can but allow the proteins and fats to increase if needed so you feel full and satisfied. As you reduce your carbs your insulin needs will reduce so use the meter to avoid hypos. This forum is agreat means of support when you don't have it at home. AS your Mum is keen for you to lose weight have you explained to her that the solution is a low-carb diet. If she does the cooking perhaps she can help you lose weight by ensuring your diet is right?

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I Got in the Same Mess as you i was injecting huge ammounts of insulin was close to 17 Stone, now 2 years later my insulin usage is Tiny from what it was and im 12 stone.

Low Carbing did it for me, less than 120carbs per day, slowly reducing insulin till you find the balance with your new food, this caused me to rapidly loose weight in bursts

Reactions: 6 people

nigelho

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried reducing your carbs a bit? You would then need less insulin. You don't have to go very low carb but try eating say 150g carbs a day to see how you get on.
I agree with you robert as if thge amount of carbs are reduced it stands to reason that weight WILL BE LOST and of course less insulin is required for the total carbs eaten per meal. Carb counting is a good way of managing your BSs as you can calculate the correct amount of insulin for the carbs being eaten but it's NO GOOD eating loads of carbs and then requiring lots of insulin....not good.