BS readings

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Post lunch@1 1/2 hrs 6.5 bit high for my liking given I'd done 15 minutes peddling . Mind I did have a lot of protein with my salad. Better sit on the naughty step till dinner time.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Post lunch@1 1/2 hrs 6.5 bit high for my liking given I'd done 15 minutes peddling . Mind I did have a lot of protein with my salad. Better sit on the naughty step till dinner time.

I always end up with a lot of protein in my salads, what with salmon, an egg, cheese. It mounts up, and that's only lunch. Main meat/fish meal at night. I honestly don't think I'm eating more than I used to though.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I always end up with a lot of protein in my salads, what with salmon, an egg, cheese. It mounts up, and that's only lunch. Main meat/fish meal at night. I honestly don't think I'm eating more than I used to though.

I am not eating as much as I used to before diagnosis but today's salad was huge as I had loads of mackerel , some cheese and some ham that needed using up plus beetroot and coleslaw. A far bigger lunch than I ever have even at weekends as we are usually out so i only have a small salad in a tub and walk it off.
Back at 5.8 at 21/2 hrs so will have my brew then a bit more peddling as I like to be nearer 5 before evening meal. Part of it is adjusting to readings without meds as the Metformin had to be having some effect on them.

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
pre dinner- it's been snowing here and Mr E late back so currently sitting on a not too pleasant 4.2!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No bedtime as too tired by time I'd ate and sorted Mr E out.

Fasting 5.9
No post breakfast as in Asda
Pre lunch 4.8

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so confused with my readings and I think the stress is not helping either
Was 5.5 in morning, had breakfast which was almost a black coffee and cold meat and cheese so thought I did pretty well on carbs and mfp said 2g carbs
Got the kit to office today and had a coffee at 9 with some milk
6.8 at 1 hour
6.2 at 2 hours
now going for lunch but not doing a reading again it would be about 6 i would guess
Although I am using batch 44 as i forgot 61 tub at home but I dont think there is a massive difference between the two to be honest, if anything I have only got higher reading from 61 as compared to 44

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you are stressing about it too much to be honest, and it won't be helping your readings. I run in the 6's all morning from after breakfast, and only high 5's before lunch. I really don't know why because my fastings are good and I only have 6 carbs for breakfast. It maybe a liver dump because it wants more carbs, or it may be the fat from the yogurt and flaxseed keeping it high, or it maybe some of yesterday's protein kicking in. I just have to accept that this is how I am in the mornings and I can't do anything about it.

Mr Chipps

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i have been told not to do anymore readings, as my diabetes is bio-chemical and the doctor told me that my blood tests are normally fine, unless i am staking oral steriods, for several weeks. if i buy a blood monitor , my doctor will not prescribe me testing strips

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i have been told not to do anymore readings, as my diabetes is bio-chemical and the doctor told me that my blood tests are normally fine, unless i am staking oral steriods, for several weeks. if i buy a blood monitor , my doctor will not prescribe me testing strips

Always good to know that your bloods when not on steroids are staying normal though. I would still buy a meter if I were you.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your message BT
I just put everything that I had and will have today and my calories are only 553 but I always add a 100 for contingency like i might have a little bit more nuts or anything, I have just forced myself to go low fat coz of constant weight gain. I will post my after lunch readings in about an hour.

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just tested and mines 8.6 before lunch. Fasting was over 10. No idea why! :-( been high all day

Mr Chipps

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
could you be on a medication, that affects your blood levels, such as steroids. also blood levels can be affected by many things . if you are worried , please seek medical help

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just put everything that I had and will have today and my calories are only 553 but I always add a 100 for contingency like i might have a little bit more nuts or anything, I have just forced myself to go low fat coz of constant weight gain. I will post my after lunch readings in about an hour.

@brettsza - you need to remember that eating too little is as bad as eating too much. Your BS tests are also fine - you don't appear to be getting any major spikes. Black Tea should not spike you - but going hungry will

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

That is far too few calories and won't keep a sparrow alive. Your body will think it is starving and your liver will take over and dump a lot of glucose in your system. You must eat the right calories for your personal requirements. I suspect this may be the reason for your increased levels. Low carb diets must be followed properly or they don't work.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kezzer4321 you are right but i am not hungry at all, I think I am just used to this much food now and dont need more but I still tend to gain weight but I will have to do something to increase my calories and fat, dont know where will i end up then in that case in terms of my weight.