urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Mid October 2014 at the point of diagnosois my HbA1c was apparently 16.4% (23.4mmol/L). The GP's DN phoned me today and the test I had done a couple of weeks ago returned a value of 6.9% (8.4mmol/L). She thinks I'm marvelous, and I can't blame her for that.

But seriously, if I hadn't found you guys I'd probably still be eating loads of rice and pasta as per NHS instructions and wondering what the hell I had to do to get my numbers down.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, for your knowledge and willingness to share.

Keep your revs up.

Reactions: 14 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Excellent result in such a short space of time :)

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic result. Well done - it was you that did all the hard work. :)

I hope you told her how you did it.

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Great post and well done urbanracer :)

Best wishes RRB

S

Sharon Anne

So very well. Done Hun , may I ask what your diet is like now . I started of with a HbcA1 of 74 now down to 32 but saw the dietician last week and he gave me a right old ear bashing saying that y non carb diet will not be sustainable . So yay I feel great .

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
So very well. Done Hun , may I ask what your diet is like now . I started of with a HbcA1 of 74 now down to 32 but saw the dietician last week and he gave me a right old ear bashing saying that y non carb diet will not be sustainable . So yay I feel great .
Sharon Anne, I have managed to get away with a reduced carb intake so far. I tried carb counting (even though I don't basal/bolus) and I'm generally below 120g most days.

K

Kat100

Mid October 2014 at the point of diagnosois my HbA1c was apparently 16.4% (23.4mmol/L). The GP's DN phoned me today and the test I had done a couple of weeks ago returned a value of 6.9% (8.4mmol/L). She thinks I'm marvelous, and I can't blame her for that.

But seriously, if I hadn't found you guys I'd probably still be eating loads of rice and pasta as per NHS instructions and wondering what the hell I had to do to get my numbers down.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, for your knowledge and willingness to share.

Keep your revs up.
Congratulations ....delighted to hear your good news ..kat