Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

No, Jack's own thread complaining about the other one being locked has been deleted. Gone. Poof.
Ah, sorry. Misunderstood. Gap between closing lappy down and starting hudl2. Must've missed something. Have now "liked" all the pro low carb comments in the closed thread. Need to shop to get me back on track properly too....been using stuff up, but not the healthiest (low carb) option

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Late with no internet but had a 5.0 this morning

Reactions: 19 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning, so continuing to run a little high. Retinal screening yesterday was OK, they are very efficient at the hospital. I will get the results in a couple of weeks they say.

Maxwell

Reactions: 16 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday 5.0, Monday, 5.5, today 5.9 - not the trend I was hoping for!

Sunday was tested after a lie in at 8AM while the weekday ones were at 7AM, an hour after getting up and sorting breakfast for the family. What is the recommended time in the morning to test that is the most meaningful?

Reactions: 15 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

After a whole week of mid 5's to even 6.8 one day, while having a horrible flu, going through an infection and been really stressed and upset.

The infection is almost completely gone, the flu is in its final stage and my BG's are coming back into range, I'm a happy bunny.

I have to say I did an experiment on sunday and went off the wagon and ate a whole pizza as I was:

a) really curious about what would happen
b) I was fed up with the world and the state of affairs... (typical reason for me getting off the wagon...)

My BG went up to 13.8 after 1 hour, then down to 9 after 2 hours, and back at 5 after that all the way through, and for the consecutive days. (The 6.8FBG predates the pizza and it was at the time I was feeling the worst).

I wouldn't call this a reversal but after the weight loss and the improvement in the numbers in a consistent way, it certainly is a promising prospect for the future.

I am not planning to indulge on wheat that often considering the numbers... but it was good to see though how bad it can get (and how bad has it probably been all this years...).

Last edited by a moderator:

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 before dinner
5.4 after
6.0 fasting
So I did drop into 4's yesterday but altered my diet a bit for dinner to have more calories.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.8 not first thing but pre breakfast, a little higher than my usual low fives on waking, but a new pot of strips and within my own personal expectations for first reading of the day.

A little fresh here this morning, I actually mean brass monkeys, but have a good one all.

Reactions: 17 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So is the liver dump level we should be testing for? Is the dawn effect specific to T2 diabetics?

Status
Not open for further replies.