Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think it was us Muggle.
I think we have to take some things we see on here with a pinch of salt.
I do hope you're right. Scotty is going to be a big miss on this forum if she does stay away. Im gutted

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would like to thank each and every one of you that has posted on this thread. Your advice, help and support has been invaluable and I appreciate it so much, but the time has now come for me to leave the forums and try and do it on my own. I shall continue with what I have learnt and will still read the forums, just not be a part of them anymore. I have taken this decision after reading other posts that implied I am lying about my diet and low carbing. I would like to assure you all that I am not a liar, and have never posted anything that was not true. How could I when that would mean I was lying to myself and my family, which is something I would never do. I really wish, that if people thought this about me, that they would post on here and say so, instead of assuming the worst. Every word I have ever typed is true, I wouldn't have given a public voice to them if there weren't. And I certainly would not have been so open to complete strangers on an open forum.

I wish you all well and hope to read about your journeys, and I apologise for not being a part of that journey.

Clive, I do hope to read that your op went well and there is no further treatment needed. Please take care.

Hello Scottie, I was PM late last night, as it would appear that I may have upset you with my thread regarding high blood sugars and LCHF may have offended you.

I can assure you this was not my intention & I sincerely apologize if you feel that has been the case.

I started the thread because I wanted to understand more why some people drop there numbers very quickly and others do not, like you, if you look at my reply to @Indy51 link below you will see exactly where I'm at.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...a-very-low-carb-diet.72910/page-3#post-787007

It was my concern not just over trying to help you but on many occasions trying to help others asking all the right questions and getting the right answers but finding that the results are not what you want for them and consequently they then being very disappointed.

I am actually very concerned about you and the very low Carb & Calorie Diet that you are on, that was why I tagged Andrew Colvin & Pip for you I would not had done so had I not believed you.

Trust this sets the record straight

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Scottie::((
Clivethedrive I can't believe scotty would leave us. She gave me so much inspiration, I don't even think I want to carry on with this myself now, we were helping each other. I thought I had finally found a friend. Everyone i get a bond with or really gel with seems to leave me

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Clivethedrive I can't believe scotty would leave us. She gave me so much inspiration, I don't even think I want to carry on with this myself now, we were helping each other. I thought I had finally found a friend. Everyone i get a bond with or really gel with seems to leave me

Hold on Muggle,
I am also feeling a little despondent today.
Yes I need to loose weight. But when some people say they had a snack of 4 almonds,
It makes me wonder if those that are reaching low bs are they half starving themselves

Reactions: 2 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hell I could eat one dish from every section of the Chinese takeaway menu and call it a snack. I have a ferocious appetite. Which is why weight watchers didn't work as I was constantly hungry and slimming world filled me up but sent my sugar sky high. Four almonds wouldn't even register with me. Infact I Had a whole packet of salted nuts last night after reading scottys post. It was like a kick in the stomach. Right now im resisting going to the corner shop and buying my usual snack consisting of flake, twirl, crunchie, toffee crisp, cheese and onion and salt& vinegar crisps. Considering I was happy about a 6.3 this morning im now Feeling that low I can't see me resisting much longer. I suppose I was half expecting scotty to come back but she hasn't :(

scottie1

So sorry, it just upset me and maybe I read into things that weren't actually said. I am very sensitive and it touched a nerve but I shouldn't have posted what I did.

I didn't mean to upset anyone, I truly didn't but I was heartroken that I thought somebody was saying I was lying when that is something I would never do. I was crying last night, and had to phone hubby at work, he didn't hear his phone so I felt really alone.

I am trying so hard and am not cheating at all. I can't do anymore than I am doing. I don't know how to get my blood levels down any further. You do have a friend in me. I am touched that you want m to be.

Muggle, very well done on the weight loss, you must be so chuffed. I am so proud of you, please don't give in.

I'm going back to bed now as feel dizzy and light headed but I will be back later on.

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Scottie thank goodness you came back!!! We know you wouldn't lie and you know you haven't and that's all that matters. It must have been horrible though for you to have felt like that. Im gutted that you were so upset by it all, that won't have helped your levels at all. You have done fantastic so far, in quite a short time, maybe in another few weeks you will drop down some more!
I can't tell you how pleased I am to see you back here. Have A good sleep, hopefully the headache will ease and you will feel better later. It's probably from all the upset and crying. Take care Scottie, hopefully speak later xxx

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
So sorry, it just upset me and maybe I read into things that weren't actually said. I am very sensitive and it touched a nerve but I shouldn't have posted what I did.

I didn't mean to upset anyone, I truly didn't but I was heartroken that I thought somebody was saying I was lying when that is something I would never do. I was crying last night, and had to phone hubby at work, he didn't hear his phone so I felt really alone.

I am trying so hard and am not cheating at all. I can't do anymore than I am doing. I don't know how to get my blood levels down any further. You do have a friend in me. I am touched that you want m to be.

Muggle, very well done on the weight loss, you must be so chuffed. I am so proud of you, please don't give in.

I'm going back to bed now as feel dizzy and light headed but I will be back later on.
::))

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hell I could eat one dish from every section of the Chinese takeaway menu and call it a snack. I have a ferocious appetite. Which is why weight watchers didn't work as I was constantly hungry and slimming world filled me up but sent my sugar sky high. Four almonds wouldn't even register with me. Infact I Had a whole packet of salted nuts last night after reading scottys post. It was like a kick in the stomach. Right now im resisting going to the corner shop and buying my usual snack consisting of flake, twirl, crunchie, toffee crisp, cheese and onion and salt& vinegar crisps. Considering I was happy about a 6.3 this morning im now Feeling that low I can't see me resisting much longer. I suppose I was half expecting scotty to come back but she hasn't :(

Muggle,
If you promise to keep away from the sweets and crisps, I will keep away from the wine department.
I have to go to Asda soon, I'm getting fed up with salad for lunch. Would like poached eggs on toast, but bread is too high n carbs:-(
We keep having hailstorm s , so have not walked dog yet, frightened of falling, my knee is still sore from my last fall. One doesn't bounce the same when you get older.
No walk will not help my bs go down :-(

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only

Scottie,
You ARE doing well.
Come on, we just need to stay positive.
Please make sure you have something to eat,

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Muggle,
If you promise to keep away from the sweets and crisps, I will keep away from the wine department.
I have to go to Asda soon, I'm getting fed up with salad for lunch. Would like poached eggs on toast, but bread is too high n carbs:-(
We keep having hailstorm s , so have not walked dog yet, frightened of falling, my knee is still sore from my last fall. One doesn't bounce the same when you get older.
Im chewing sugar free gum at the moment and haven't been to the shop so far... I know what you mean, salad is lovely for a change but it bores the back teeth out of me after multiple meals! Sometimes I long for something chewy and sticky and tasty and satisfying... We just have to keep our heads and remind ourselves it's for our own good I suppose...
We have had snow, it's best to stay in when its slippy, not worth the risk. How about a dance round the room when no one is looking? Lol. I had my little dog to the vets this morning for his nails clipped. He didn't enjoy that much, and the vet reckons his teeth are in a bad way for a 4 year old! She wants him in for a scale and polish and a good look at the blackened molars

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Muggle,
Do you like advocado, asda sausages97% pork chorizo, duck eggs, asda full fat natural yogurts,beansprouts,stirfry veg's,chickpea flour( in moderation)...........

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Clivethedrive ive still to try an avocado. I will have money for groceries tomorrow so I will try one if I remember to buy one lol. Never tried a duck egg either or heard of chickpea flour! I enjoy a stir fry but im guessing my old sauces won't be much good now

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you like advocado, asda sausages97% pork chorizo, duck eggs, asda full fat natural yogurts,beansprouts,stirfry veg's,chickpea flour( in moderation)...........

Morning Clive, I hope it's better in London than Lancashire today, we keep getting hailstorm s.
Avocado, NO
I am a veggie, so have veggie sausages.
Natural yoghurt, love it
I eat loads of stry fry veg.
I drink black coffee, sparkling water or wine.
I don't have a sweet tooth, never have done

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Clivethedrive ive still to try an avocado. I will have money for groceries tomorrow so I will try one if I remember to buy one lol. Never tried a duck egg either or heard of chickpea flour! I enjoy a stir fry but im guessing my old sauces won't be much good now

Avocado are not cheap, you could buy a large cauliflower for the same amount of money. You could do more with a cauliflower

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Now, I'm going to be the horrid one, but if I felt so inclined, I could read your last post as emotional blackmail.

Muggle - you have to want to do this for yourself. If you don't want that, then I suggest you invest some time to find out why, and work on that. Because, you are the absolute constant in your life; not anyone else. Yes, of course we can take (and as importantly, give) support from and to others, but if we don't want it for ourselves, it's the proverbial house built on sand.

I know you and Scottie were supporting each other, but if she, or anyone else for that matter (as these comments are general, although directed to you, in this instance) chooses to do things a different way, they have to be respected, no matter how bewildering it can be.

You have done well, and can continue to do well, but you have to be clear what you are doing and for whom you are doing it.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could do laps of the house, or trips up and down the stairs to get the walking steps in. Lots of folks on here do that.