Breakfast

FlyingPonyMonster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
What do you all eat for low carb quick but filling breakfasts - really need ideas :)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
The diabetic full English - bacon/eggs/mushrooms/tomatoes. Sometimes cold meats and cheese or Greek yoghurt with berries and/or nuts. But they're not as filling!

Reactions: 2 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
at the weekend i make mini quiches
i use
leftover meats chopped
cheese
eggs
bacon or sausage etc
mix togeather and put in silacone muffin trays last all week and low carb ... and easy when ur rushing
you can add anything u like salmon brocc etc whatever ur taste is x

Reactions: 4 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like to have cold crustless quiche or frittata. At the weekend it's a full English or a omellette

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat whatever low carb food takes my fancy - my breakfast doesn't have to be a traditional breakfast type meal. But since my liver takes offence if I take too long in preparing stuff at this time of day, it's generally something cold or that can be done in a few minutes in the microwave. So similar to @sanguine's list plus sweet or savoury muffins, but my full English has to be relegated to lunch time.

Robbity

FlyingPonyMonster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Thanks everyone
I work full time and on the go with a two year old so it really needs to be something I can eat on the go

Is porridge any good?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Probably not - but you need to test your reaction to it. I used to really enjoy the little Oat So Simple packs, but won't touch this sort of breakfast now.

You could maybe try something a muffin in a mug/one minute muffin (made with almond flour/ground almonds) and cook it the night before.

Robbity

FlyingPonyMonster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Thank you :)

How is best to test my reaction to it?

Sorry I'm new to this

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1 T butter, 2 to 3 mushrooms halved and sliced a 1/4" thick. Cook in pan, then add spinach leaves and one or two eggs mixed in bowl with fork then poured over ingredients in pan. Use spatula to mix ingredients and keep egg from over cooking, then sprinkle with 1 to 2 teaspoons feta cheese. I make my fresh brewed coffee and assemble and prepare the other ingredients as the mushrooms cook. It's a fast breakfast for me. :)

A variation is mushrooms and egg(s) topped with swiss cheese.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
1 T butter, 2 to 3 mushrooms halved and sliced a 1/4" thick. Cook in pan, then add spinach leaves and one or two eggs mixed in bowl with fork then poured over ingredients in pan. Use spatula to mix ingredients and keep egg from over cooking, then sprinkle with 1 to 2 teaspoons feta cheese. I make my fresh brewed coffee and assemble and prepare the other ingredients as the mushrooms cook. It's a fast breakfast for me. :)

A variation is mushrooms and egg(s) topped with swiss cheese.
Sounds delicious! Will try this.

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If I'm at home, then it's usually, eggs, bacon, sausage & mushrooms if I'm at work either take cold sausages and low carb beefburgers to munch on, or mini crustless quiche made with mushrooms, bacon, cheese & double cream.

Sean

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the quickest, easiest grab-as-you-go LC brekkie that have eaten is the ole ham and cheese sandwich.

Just buy sliced cheese and sliced ham.
Stand in front of fridge.
open door and grab 2 slices of ham and 2 slices cheese.
layer them in your hand, like a cheese-ham-ham-cheese sarnie
carry on with your morning while eating them out of your hand.

I have even left the house and walked down the street munching.

:D

Reactions: 10 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
the quickest, easiest grab-as-you-go LC brekkie that have eaten is the ole ham and cheese sandwich.

Just buy sliced cheese and sliced ham.
Stand in front of fridge.
open door and grab 2 slices of ham and 2 slices cheese.
layer them in your hand, like a cheese-ham-ham-cheese sarnie
carry on with your morning while eating them out of your hand.

I have even left the house and walked down the street munching.

:D
Yum

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am usually not very hungry in the morning so I stick to about four tablespoons of Greek yoghurt and a few berries. However, sometimes when I *am* hungry, I'll do similar to Brunneria's "sandwich" but with sliced roast beef, as I find it a bit more filling.

Lots of people do hard boiled eggs (made the night before). They are certainly quick and handy to grab in the morning.

Babybel cheeses are super quick and portable.

Reactions: 6 people

TPO

When I'm working, I have a low sugar jelly pot for breakfast then one again for elevesies.

When I'm not working, I have Asda's sausage patties. They taste exactly the same as McDonald's McMuffin sausages and are under 1g in carbs. Ideal.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Take your blood sugar before you eat,then again 1 hr and 2 hrs and note any rise ,if more then 1.0=1/12 rise it spikes you !
What?...more than q at which point?
Most say if your 2 or less at 2hrs then it's ok.
Wish people would make their minds up on these matters.