A warning about Quorn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Eek would never eat Quorn as am allergic to mushrooms which are also a fungus. Also allergic to penicillin which has mould in background!
If you are allergic mushrooms though you may also have reaction to prawns and strawberries as there is something also in them that is similar.

Hi, I'm not allergic to mushrooms, I love them, so when reading 'fungi' on the box I assumed it would be from mushrooms. I wish I had stuck to chicken or pork now, but I thought I would be all Vegi with my teenager, bad mistake,:inpain::rolleyes: but at least we know what's in it now :eek: :yuck:

Reactions: 4 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you're feeling much better now - what a nasty and scary thing to have happened.

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Grim reading! Hope you feel better! Always worried what was in it. Now I know I'm horrified! Hugsxx

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So sorry robinredbreast you had such a nasty and distressing experience, sounds really unpleasant and scary. Hope you feel better very quickly x

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I'm not allergic to mushrooms, I love them, so when reading 'fungi' on the box I assumed it would be from mushrooms. I wish I had stuck to chicken or pork now, but I thought I would be all Vegi with my teenager, bad mistake,:inpain::rolleyes: but at least we know what's in it now :eek: :yuck:

I thought it was from mushrooms too. Not something synthetic.

Anyone remember Soylent Green?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

No Pipp I don't recognise that name ? but I will try and goggle it :)

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I wonder why it's not been on tv for so long? Getting nearer to the truth? ;)

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eek would never eat Quorn as am allergic to mushrooms which are also a fungus. Also allergic to penicillin which has mould in background!
If you are allergic mushrooms though you may also have reaction to prawns and strawberries as there is something also in them that is similar.

You might want to avoid carbonated drinks as well as the bubbles are a result of citric acid and the production of citric acid on an industrial level does not involve lemons but an aspergillus fungi.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You might want to avoid carbonated drinks as well as the bubbles are a result of citric acid and the production of citric acid on an industrial level does not involve lemons but an aspergillus fungi.

I rarely drink carbonated drinks, but it really is off putting what they put in our food, maybe we are in The Frankenstein mode,

93f866d4b2513afec449fd267b628c65.jpg
images

One day, one day :eek: :wideyed: :stop:

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too rarely drink anything fizzy as get wind!!
Yes, if we investigated what was in all what we eat we probably would not want to eat any of it so best not to think too hard about such things!

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes, if we investigated what was in all what we eat we probably would not want to eat any of it so best not to think too hard about such things!

:bag: RRB

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Or alternatively, think and avoid processed food and drink. Start with fresh ingredients, and meat and milk from grass fed livestock.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No Pipp I don't recognise that name ? but I will try and goggle it :)
It was a film from my youth, so you are probably much younger. About the future 2020 I think. Shortage of food. Soylent Green was the 'Quorn' of the day.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It was a film from my youth, so you are probably much younger. About the future 2020 I think. Shortage of food. Soylent Green was the 'Quorn' of the day.

Oh deep joy, only 5 more years to go then lol :bag: shuddddderrrrs ;)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Or alternatively, think and avoid processed food and drink. Start with fresh ingredients, and meat and milk from grass fed livestock.
How do you cope with enjoying unprocessed food when you have periods of eating total food replacement sachets? Do you not miss fresh food? (Genuine question)

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Robinredbreast How are you feeling today?

Even though my family and I have always been vegetarian... We've never touched any quorn products because theyre so artificially made and we don't eat egg!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Robinredbreast How are you feeling today?

Even though my family and I have always been vegetarian... We've never touched any quorn products because theyre so artificially made and we don't eat egg!!!

Thank you Rose, that's very kind of you, I'm feeling much better now, I know I can't be 100% on it being the Quorn and it's rare allergic reaction, but I'm 99% sure it was. Oh of course I forgot about egg, my teenager has been a vegetarian for 2 months now and still eats eggs :wideyed:

Last edited by a moderator:

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi rrb get well soon ,::))