Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
i miss the collectors cards they used to put in PG tips t bags, what happened to them?

Yeah remember them :)

Also remember collecting the Esso World Cup Coins in 1970, thought they were great.

Reactions: 3 people

Janiept

Expert
Anyone remember the Jamboree bags? A bag of rubbish sweets with a rubbish toy thrown in! Can see them now, next to the Pink Shrimps and Flying Saucers, in front of @jackthelad60's Black Jacks and Fruit Salads which was next to the Parma Violets. They were the days, I used to get my "Saturday sixpence" and rush over to the corner shop. Sometimes bought sweets or sometimes a new drawing book. Amazing how far sixpence went in those days!
:D Sitting here with my mouth watering remembering flying saucers, they were my favourites.
What about buying a quarter of sherbet with a liquorice dip. Yum.

Reactions: 2 people

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
:D Sitting here with my mouth watering remembering flying saucers, they were my favourites.
What about buying a quarter of sherbet with a liquorice dip. Yum.
lol no wonder were all diabtics it was the shuuurbeeerrrrt and liquorice dips that dun it. Must find that what causes diabetes thread.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Isn't this a lovely thread. Sitting here with a big smile at all these memories :)

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'rd never end, we'd sing and dance forever and a day etc etc etc :singing::D

Reactions: 8 people

Janiept

Expert
This isn't really a 'miss' but definitely a very strong memory. How many remember helping their Mums or Nans do the washing in an old boiler, scrubbing it on the wash board and then putting it through the mangle. Washing was put out all weathers and goodness knows how it stayed so sparkly white with all the fog and smog. Oh and the smell of that boiled washing was divine. Never seen whites as clean since. Lovely :)
Having said all that, thank God for automatic washing machines Lol.:hilarious:

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
i know you wuz reet posh you had the posh 70s phone, i wuz down pits on strike with my pastie and canary desert and minstrel show make up.

Now, that's just being silly, fancy a big tough make up wearing,on strike pit miner eating a.............. little pasty, well, I'll go to the foot of our posh carpeted stairs lol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This isn't really a 'miss' but definitely a very strong memory. How many remember helping their Mums or Nans do the washing in an old boiler, scrubbing it on the wash board and then putting it through the mangle. Washing was put out all weathers and goodness knows how it stayed so sparkly white with all the fog and smog. Oh and the smell of that boiled washing was divine. Never seen whites as clean since. Lovely :)

i used to love the smell of the 'older' Persil washing powder, such a lovely clean washing smell.

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
@Robinredbreast you had carpet??? you wuz practically royalty, i bet you had an inside toilet too with a wooden seat. all we had was hay on the floor and an outside shed with a hole and we shared that shed with the whole street and newspaper for toilet roll if we wuz lucky. those were the days.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Robinredbreast you had carpet??? you wuz practically royalty, i bet you had an inside toilet too with a wooden seat. all we had was hay on the floor and an outside shed with a hole and we shared that shed with the whole street and newspaper for toilet roll if we wuz lucky. those were the days.

Defintley carpets, my mum had a busy paisley patterned one in the hall and dining room, no carpets in loo or bathroom, though, I mean there was a man in the house, my dad lol
Next time, you may bow before posting a reply, or a curtsey will be quite acceptable :D :p :hilarious:

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

And in the winter it was brought back in stiff as a board! lol!

Reactions: 4 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

You had newspaper? You was lucky, we had to use stinging nettles from the yard!

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
You had newspaper? You was lucky, we had to use stinging nettles from the yard!
lol. :) :) omg you really were poor. in my posh household we had extra soft super size dock leafs for comfort.