Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Day 2 on the low carb/ high fat diet
I have just eaten 3 rashers of bacon grilled with half a tomato
2 fried eggs cooked in olive oil and some mushrooms fried in butter.
1 mug of coffee with full fat milk.
If you enjoy it, I believe cream is better though... no carbs... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know... it's a lot to get your head round... the thing that makes it all worthwhile in the end is the magical weight loss and lower numbers... :) I am still researching after 4.5 months... still fascinates me.... and the folks on this forum are so well-informed - they can answer almost anything you ask... except maybe what has happened to our Rugby and Cricket squads... :)
You have all been amazing i am so glad i joined this forum. Because i was at my wits end. x

Reactions: 6 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So far today...mushroom & cheese omelette, tea with cream, 6 walnuts & a plum.

Got smoked haddock for teatime, roast asparagus, mixed salad with Caesar dressing. SF jelly with cream for pudding.

Graze throughout the day. Perhaps some celery with light cream cheese, an oatcake or 2 with Houmous or sliced peppers with guacamole.

Cooked meals get sprinkled with chia seeds.

Still new to this so doing my best to eat healthier. Hoping food choices become easier & I don't get stuck in a rut eating the same thing day in day out. Aiming for low carbs & healthy intake of fat.
Tea with cream? Hmmm ...

I eat cream out of the pot by the spoon - in fact I recently found I can eat small slivers of butter. Not sure about cream in tea though. I salute you tho!

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast boiled egg spelt toast
Lunch chorizo and pepper frittata and coleslaw
Snack decaff espresso with cream 1sq dark chocolate
Dinner a fridge clear out salad looks to be in offing so spicy chicken slices, some corned beef, coleslaw and what appears to be a celery mountain with salad stuff.

Reactions: 8 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As someone else said today, its never a silly question if you don't know the answer. No, the cauliflower is raw. If you use a blender put it in bit by bit. I was silly, packed it all in so tight it wouldn't drop down. Ended up tipping into food processor...:oops:
Thank you I might give this a go at the weekend

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - mini salami crustless quiche
L - bbq chicken and salad
S - tablespoon of walnuts
D - oven cooked salmon and broccoli followed by blackberries and strawberries and clotted cream

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the salmon teryaki tonight. It was delicious.
Also the spicy chickpea salad, very good and filling.
Supposed to be having a few strawberries and Greek yogurt
for afters. But I'm still to full!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tea with cream? Hmmm ...

I eat cream out of the pot by the spoon - in fact I recently found I can eat small slivers of butter. Not sure about cream in tea though. I salute you tho!

I've switched to tea with cream. Bit bizarre to get used to, but black tea stains my teeth, and the milk was making me yawn (must be the whey).

Needs must. ;)

S

Sable_Jan

Magic Bullet coffee (started the day 5.8 and after the coffee it was 4.3!)
B Green smoothie made with goat's yoghurt; one boiled egg mashed with tsp mayonnaise and 4 anchovy fillets, espresso w cream
L Flax/almond mic muffin, sliced, toasted, spread with goat's camembert, olives and chillies stuffed with feta and salad
D Chicken and veg soup I made with all the dregs of the veg drawer last night... I used one of the delish chicken thighs from the soup to go with my mushroom stir-fry (M&S) last night...
I'm sure I will have a small bowl of berries and cream too...
Found a pack of wrinkled blueberries at the back of the fridge so put in a pan with a little water and xylitol - lovely jam to put on flax bread.. :) Waste not want not...
Exactly! Do you use Brown or golden linseed for the micro muffin? Mine was really greasy; mayb I used too much?

S

Sable_Jan

Day 2 on the low carb/ high fat diet
I have just eaten 3 rashers of bacon grilled with half a tomato
2 fried eggs cooked in olive oil and some mushrooms fried in butter.
1 mug of coffee with full fat milk.
edit
I have just had some black olives and a babybel for my snack and a mug of coffee with cream
Lunch im going to have leftover Mulligatawny soup from last night. And
Tea. i'm having salmon teryaki and spicy chickpea salad!

I know that yesterday i felt on top of the world. No headache, no sluggishness, and
no falling asleep in the morning. I feel alive for the first time, in a very long time. So thank you x
That's great you're feeling so good so soon. We'll done :). What's teriyaki?

S

Sable_Jan

Tea with cream? Hmmm ...

I'll stick to soya milk for my tea ;)

S

Sable_Jan

Thank you I might give this a go at the weekend
I really enjoyed it :). Planning on topping my next one with lots of cheese or maybe some feta cheese and tuna or butternut squash.......or butter fried tomatoes....can't you tell I've been shopping :D

S

Sable_Jan

Has anyone tried using granulated sweetener to make meringue? Be good if it works...meringues sandwiched together with cream. Had a microwave recipe that used icing sugar - maybe I could put the sweetener in my grinder make it like icing sugar.....

Janiept

Expert
Has anyone tried using granulated sweetener to make meringue? Be good if it works...meringues sandwiched together with cream. Had a microwave recipe that used icing sugar - maybe I could put the sweetener in my grinder make it like icing sugar.....
What a good idea. I hope someone has tried it and can tell us if it works or not :)

S

Sable_Jan

Today: Usual mixed cereals brekky with soya milk - took me from 5.4 to 7.6 ....weird, never does that usually abt 0.5 up
Dinner: 2 egg scramble, ton of grated cheese, 2 buttered ryvita .....that's better down to 4.3 2.5 hrs post (forget what pre was)
Tea: Lancashire hotpot, cabbage, pickled red cabbage....didn't test pre but post 2.5 hrs 6.6.....I'll defo take that, tested again but going down. Just realised I pigged out and followed tea by full bar of sugar free mint choc.......numbers even better considering that......
Snack, ERM leftover jelly with oranges to make room in fridge for the shopping and cold cabbage after tea
Soya latte at bedtime.......

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi everyone , I've been trying really hard to stay on track . Had quite a bit of stress in my life since December for various reasons that I won't bore you with . Anyway things are settling down and I need to get back on track , sooooo glad I've read your posts and got some real inspiration again . Going to try some of your good ideas. Waiting for my testing strips to arrive from Amazon.

The other thing is me and my husband are going Greek island hopping in the summer , any tips on availability of low carb food and can I get diet lemonade or diluting juice ? I hate diet coke

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.