Accu-Check Mobile problems

andybee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone out there using this devise and if so experiencing any problems?

Been using this for 2 years with no problems and love its no test strip convenience. A couple of months ago I started to get at least two thirds of my teats returning an E3 error message (too low to test?). So being a fan I bough a new one, but I'm still getting the same performance. My GP is going to think that I am taking the mick some time soon with the amount of cassette requests that I am making. Could it be a cassette manufacture problem?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Have you mentioned this to the Accu-Chek Customer Careline, all faults with either the meter or strips should be reported to them, that way they can investigate the problem.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the AccuChek Mobile. Haven't (touch wood) had any greater problems with E3 errors than usual. Maybe 1 in 25 of my tests return this error.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
this is my 3rd one and its started doing the same, going to ontact them in the next few days as its a waste of tests

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
If you have registered your meter with them, they will replace it for multiple E3 errors. All you have to do is phone customer services.

dhne14426

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had no problems but just started useing accu check mobile:)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
H,

I Have been using this meter for a year & a half. & a fan of the device.
I can't fault the companies customer service either. They even sent me a free spare & a natty black leather style phone case for it..

Though the meter has a low battery power warning I have noticed it can get temramental towards the end of the battery life cycle.?? I feel these errors point towards the double AAA battery power distribution. Possibly in the last 10 or 15% of of the power in the batteries..??
Changing the batteries more regularly than "recommended" seems to lessen the likelyhood of errors on this meter...

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I started having this issue so contacted Accu-check as thought the device was broken. They told me they have changed the cassettes to have more error reporting as they found it was sometimes giving high readings in the past.

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone out there using this devise and if so experiencing any problems?

Been using this for 2 years with no problems and love its no test strip convenience. A couple of months ago I started to get at least two thirds of my teats returning an E3 error message (too low to test?). So being a fan I bough a new one, but I'm still getting the same performance. My GP is going to think that I am taking the mick some time soon with the amount of cassette requests that I am making. Could it be a cassette manufacture problem?
Hi ive been using it for years to, i find that it has a very high failure rates in tests often i get E-3 or not enough blood. i got E-3 10 Tests in a row once when i was having a hypo which was very frustrating, it also seems to always read a little higher than other meters, but that being said i refuse to switch to any other as the lack of strips etc is a huge advantage

Reactions: 2 people

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Never had a E-3 error in 2 years. I've had about 1% Insufficient blood errors. It also gives very close comparison results with Accu-chek Aviva and Freestyle Lite strips. As stated above, their customer services are brilliant.

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a new user of this (was given one at a DAFNE course) and got on great with the cassette that came with it, got some cassettes on prescription (eventually!!) and got a tonne of E3 and E4 errors (on 2 meters - having been sent a spare by accu chek).

I rang up accu-chek customer support and apparently they have very recently changed the cassettes so if you touch the strip with your finger (at all) it will give an error as this may provide an inaccurately high reading.

The person I spoke to said I probably had an old cassette come with the meter and then got new ones on prescriptions (the Batch numbers back this up).

I'm now making sure that my finger doesn't touch the sensor and have been getting very few errors, although it does seem luck of the draw as to whether you get a "blood droplet" or "blood spread"..

I think they may have gone a little over board with how sensitive it is, maybe future versions could just flag a waring instead of giving an error, I don't think the new testing instructions make it clear enough either. I can't fault their customer service though.

Matt

Aguila

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wind & rain
I wasted so many tests (self-funded!) with E3 errors that I ditched the Accu Chek Mobile and went back to my trusty Aviva.

frenchlady

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have now stopped using this meter. I love the mobility of it but found that the 'error' messages were driving me mad. I kept getting the 'cassette faulty(or something similar) please change cassette. However, this happened all the time and i was only getting about 20 tests before the cassette read this message. I wrote to Accu Chek and they just sent me new meters which didn't make any difference, I still got the message almost every cassette. I now don't use it and use either my contour next or my Verio one touch. These are both compatible with my computer and can record my readings and tell me if I am on a high trend or low trend over a few readings etc. I would like a CGM but they are a tad too expensive at the moment.

Bob B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Used one for years with no problem. Then, since January 2015 had many errors: cassette needs replacing; insufficient blood when I opened the slider; meter error (common). Customer service told me to clean it. Did this twice but still errors, so they replaced the meter. New one continues to have errors; all the above plus refusing to come on; and refusing to switch off. And the finger pricker jammed so I had to discard the cassette. My health centre have already tried to halve my prescription amount so I getting really worried I'll run out. Bob

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have used this meter for a while now got 2 provided to me by my hospital. So far I haven't had any major issues with it. Maybe a couple of errors per cassette and a couple of insufficient blood errors. Best machine I've had yet.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Used one for years with no problem. Then, since January 2015 had many errors: cassette needs replacing; insufficient blood when I opened the slider; meter error (common). Customer service told me to clean it. Did this twice but still errors, so they replaced the meter. New one continues to have errors; all the above plus refusing to come on; and refusing to switch off. And the finger pricker jammed so I had to discard the cassette. My health centre have already tried to halve my prescription amount so I getting really worried I'll run out. Bob
I was given the meter and 1st problem was cassette could not be put in the meter 2nd problem the finger poker didn't work.
I found a very good home for it........ dustbin
Now have a couple of contour next meters and have to say they are fantastic.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
I was sent one of these accucheck mobile meters .
Found it far too heavy and bulky in my handbag .

Unused it completely as too big,bulky and heavy in weight .
Favouring the accucheck Expert meter so much more .
I gave the Mobile meter away actually to another person who was very grateful for it .

A DSN gave me my Expert meter on a course I did .
It was the X-pert course for insulin users .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The actual integrated cassette & lancet design for me in the Mobile is more preferable to the more bulkier cased up Contour USB With its paraphanalia... & certainly a lot easier to locate than the standard meter & stuff floating about loose. :D

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
The actual integrated cassette & lancet design for me in the Mobile is more preferable to the more bulkier cased up Contour USB With its paraphanalia... & certainly a lot easier to locate than the standard meter & stuff floating about loose. :D
Ah but I don't use the case, meter just pops in my pocket with some test strips and a poker. My insulin pump is twice the size of the contour next meter.
Must admit like Anna I likened the accucheck meter to a house brick.