Energy drinks

louch1

I have just read about wether we should ban energy drinks for under 16 . My answer is yes. I see so many children drink them . I just keep thinking about the affect they are having long term on them. I remember growing up as a child in the 70's and you could only by them in the chemist. There is no need for children to be drinking them.

Reactions: 4 people

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My son used to drink a lot of mountain dew.
We used to get

on to him about all the sugar that's in it, by he was sneaky and used
to buy and drink it outside with friends. It became addictive.
One day at work he was that tired he was falling asleep. Asked
if he had been drinking this drink and the response was Yes.
He said he felt rotten and had for weeks. So he looked at how
much sugar was in the drink. He had his eyes opened.
Looked on the internet too, about this drink. Not sure whether
Some boy died from drinking to many energy drinks.
But yes they should be banned. Is red bull of the same?

Mr TEL

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just read about wether we should ban energy drinks for under 16 . My answer is yes. I see so many children drink them . I just keep thinking about the affect they are having long term on them. I remember growing up as a child in the 70's and you could only by them in the chemist. There is no need for children to be drinking them.

I wouldn't want to go down the dangerous path of banning everything that someone else thinks we shouldn't be doing. This is the job of parents. The thing that concerns me is that the government will start taxing these sort of drinks, thus punishing diabetics once more.

Reactions: 2 people

louch1

Yes red bull is full of sugar . I tell my son about it. He loves red bull. He is nearly 20 . I try and help him understand about the dangers of all energy but he always gives me that wonderful son to parent look like you don't have a clue.
I still think we should regulate it.

Reactions: 2 people

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes red bull is full of sugar . I tell my son about it. He loves red bull. He is nearly 20 . I try and help him understand about the dangers of all energy but he always gives me that wonderful son to parent look like you don't have a clue.
I still think we should regulate it.
I am the same too louch1 my lad is 21 and he is always drinking
them. I always say you haven't learnt anything from drinking mountain
dew.