Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Doing a 15 hour fast for blood test at the hospital to check what type of diabetes I have. Only had water since 6:30 last night blood sugars on waling after washing hands 8.5 looks like my liver loves me:confused::rolleyes:

Reactions: 9 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 after a bedtime of 5.6 which I was ok with as evening meal was a fair amount of protein from some lovely roast pork, it turned out really nice, probably a mix of a nice joint and nicely cooked (was on offer at morrisons too!)

Reactions: 15 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A hefty 6.6 this morning. I expect that my inadvertent 15 hr fast may be to blame as I ate very early last night. I can taste the hunger in my mouth this morning. The cats had better watch out.

Reactions: 18 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
6.0 a little high for me putting it down to medium Apple I had later than usual last night, 6.4 going to bed so no worries.

Reactions: 16 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 for me this morning....going for my Hba1C bloods test at lunch time.... I'm a bit nervous of what the results will show as I've had a hard time keeping my BS low since the dr reduced my metformin.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I won't tell you about the shattered hands, broken wrist, elbow, broken neck, back, coccyx, broken jaw, skull fracture, splenectomy, bruised kidneys, dislocated knee and hip, puncture wound to my ankle...... Or the Traumatic Brain Injury, syrinx (fluid filled holes) in my thoracic and cervical spinal cord, or the Central Apnea, Post traumatic hypothyroidism and fibromyalgia ....... Or the arachnoiditis and arachnoid cysts then .........I could go on.... but Nah! Wouldn't want to make you wince :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: It involves wires, hammers, fixators and drilling and tapping my fingers and thumbs.
LOL Sorry ..... I'm fine btw xx
April 1st has never been quite as funny though ;)
Good heavens... :eek::arghh: Were you in a car accident? Sorry, nosy... :sorry:

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
How would everyone feel about a summary of the days' readings to help follow this thread? Let me know if there are any objections. Apologies in advance if I have missed any posts or misread any posts.

M - T - W - T - F - S - S

Ally1 – 11.0 – 14.1

Bluetit1802 – 5.6 – 5.1

Brettsza – 5.5 – 6.0

Clivethedrive – x - 6.0

Coldethyl – 5.9 – 6.4

Dibbles1 – 5.5 – 6.0

Eddie1968 – x – 7.7

Jackthelad – 5.6 - x

JohnD54 – 4.7 – 5.8

Kezzer4321 – 8.0 – 6.7

Killerkaz – 5.0 - x

Kimbo1962 – 5.7 – 5.5

Lexa_x – 10.3 - x

Lorraine deer – 6.0 – 7.2

Loulou99782 – 6.5 – 7.5

Mandingo – 4.8 – 5.3

Mbabbasi – 6.5 - x

Mehh2015 – x - 5.1

MikeD - ? – 5.0

Millysue – 7.7 - x

Muggle71 – In the 6’s – 6.3

Pasha – 4.67 – 4.67

Patricia21 – 6.5 - x

PatsyB – 7.7 – x

Pavlovsdog – 6.5 - x

Phil1966 – <5 – 4.8

Poshtotty – 7.0 – 6.9

Sable_Jan – x – 5.4

Sanguine – 5.6 – 5.8

Silver Hammer – 5.1 – 5.2

Sjm1966 – 4.7 - x

S_k_s - 4.3 – 5.2

Susikav – 4.8 – 5.8

Vit90 – 5.5 – 5.9

Weefergus – 7.2 – 7.0
Thank you SKS... :) It's much better than I have been thinking it was... :) What a good idea.... hard work though?

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.6 today... I tell my family that it makes me 'normal'... disbelieving stares is what I get... :)

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
6.5 this morning. Actually, my first reading was 6.3 but I did another within a minute and it was 6.7 so I'm claiming 6.5.

I was 5.2 at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 19 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Doing a 15 hour fast for blood test at the hospital to check what type of diabetes I have. Only had water since 6:30 last night blood sugars on waling after washing hands 8.5 looks like my liver loves me:confused::rolleyes:
All the best loulou::))

Reactions: 9 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.6 this morning. Woke up late, feeling tired and my bedroom was cold..........surely I'm overdue my big lottery win.......until then, work, work, work and more work.

Reactions: 24 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning. Actually, my first reading was 6.3 but I did another within a minute and it was 6.7 so I'm claiming 6.5.

I was 5.2 at bedtime last night.
Pleased to see your getting there 'Wee Fergus'
Neil

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.