Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday, I'm a bit late with this, my post 2hr Evening Meal
All same finger for both tests
Batch 61 post 2hr .........6.0 just to see batch 44.......5.5
Batch 61Tested again 6.6 Tested again batch 44 ......5.5 again
Washed hands
Batch 61 Tested again 6.2 Tested again Batch 44.......5.6
Explain that co's I can't.:confused:

Today batch 61
5.6 this morning about my average at the mo

Neil

Reactions: 18 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Washed hands

Today batch 61

Neil

Can't help laughing! Sorry. I know it's frustrating, but what can we do? Nowt is the answer. :(

Reactions: 10 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Washed hands

Today batch 61

Neil
Been through this and I should say I hate 61 more than 44 now for some reason, I get higher figure on that now. But with strips you can never be sure so I am just going along.

Reactions: 8 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Once a week would be more than enough... maybe you should do them in order of good to bad... give us all a little competition:)
I think alphabetical is best, we're mostly competing with ourselves but encouraging others (sorry if your comment was TIC Kezzer, I wasn't sure ;))

Reactions: 12 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
. I can taste the hunger in my mouth this morning. The cats had better watch out.

Some scary images there ... !

5.7 here this morning.

As if I didn't already have enough to do we had a punctured tyre on the car so I've had to put the emergency spare on and may have to fork out on a new tyre if it can't be repaired (great screw through the tyre, I'm not hopeful). At least it's not one of these cars that has no spare at all these days but a can of something that magically holds it together while you get to a tyre fitters (yeah right). Just what you want the day before going on holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really nice figures BT
Just letting you know I dont like too much competition ;);):):)

:):):)

I also scored my best 1 and 2hr rises post breakfast this morning, and had an excellent day yesterday despite a chippy fish, mushy peas and half a slice of bread for tea (spike 0.9)

and this is batch 61 !!!!

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.3....I think. It was a few hours ago and didn't bring my meter into work and my memory is definitely suffering with age.

<edit> on checking the meter it was actually 4.6

Last edited by a moderator:

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am running out of Code Free strips so ordered some on Monday - should be here any day; what's the gossip on batch numbers?

Reactions: 6 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3....I think. It was a few hours ago and didn't bring my meter into work and my memory is definitely suffering with age.

Surely that's an impressive number to cherish, let alone remember! :) I really hope I can break into the 4s soon...

Reactions: 6 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Some scary images there ... !

5.7 here this morning.

As if I didn't already have enough to do we had a punctured tyre on the car so I've had to put the emergency spare on and may have to fork out on a new tyre if it can't be repaired (great screw through the tyre, I'm not hopeful). At least it's not one of these cars that has no spare at all these days but a can of something that magically holds it together while you get to a tyre fitters (yeah right). Just what you want the day before going on holiday.
If its through thr tread ok but sidewall no repair

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

I think it's a great idea to do this sort of summary, though I hope people won't start worrying over much if they're not getting good levels.

My meter gives me basic trends and averages, and the Bayer software that i upload to on my PC does the same in more details, and provides graphs too. But that's almost an overkill for me as it can do a lot of stuff with insulin as well that hopefully I'll not need for a long time yet...

Robbity
From my point of view I think it might encourage people, particularly newbies, to compare themselves to the fasting figures others are getting whereas we should only be working to what is good for us on a personal level.... I'm happy with my low to mid 5s (I get the odd high 4 too) Some regularly get low 4s but I don't think I would be happy going so low. And we must bear in mind some of us are on meds and some diet only....

Just my thoughts but no probs having my numbers included if it is continued

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

If its through thr tread ok but sidewall no repair
And Kwik Fit won't repair at all - nor National Tyres - I say that as my daughter and I took tyres to the latter - one a nail near to the side - "can't do, but had it been central..." the other nail in centre - "can't do but had it been to the side..." Kwik Fit wouldn't do my friends as they said it had been repaired before - took it to his local place and they did it no problem and said the original repair was still sound

Reactions: 2 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From my point of view I think it might encourage people, particularly newbies, to compare themselves to the fasting figures others are getting whereas we should only be working to what is good for us on a personal level.... I'm happy with my low to mid 5s (I get the odd high 4 too) Some regularly get low 4s but I don't think I would be happy going so low. And we must bear in mind some of us are on meds and some diet only....

Just my thoughts but no probs having my numbers included if it is continued

What's wrong with a low 4? That's considered normal isn't it?

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Doing a 15 hour fast for blood test at the hospital to check what type of diabetes I have. Only had water since 6:30 last night blood sugars on waling after washing hands 8.5 looks like my liver loves me:confused::rolleyes:
How do they do that Lou? You are just diet controlled at the moment aren't you.

Status
Not open for further replies.