Bulletproof coffee

Kellrob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having just read an article of the Diabetes UK website regarding Bulletproof Coffee, what are people's opinions on this. I didn't know it even existed until I read this. Is this something that people on LCHF are having regularly to help with weight loss? Just wanted other people's opinions please.

G

graj0

Having just read an article of the Diabetes UK website regarding Bulletproof Coffee, what are people's opinions on this. I didn't know it even existed until I read this. Is this something that people on LCHF are having regularly to help with weight loss? Just wanted other people's opinions please.
I wouldn't say it helped with weight loss, but I gave some to some guests last week and they both commented on how nice it tasted. I still don't know whether to believe all the bumf about less mold in the coffee beans. I didn't use their recipe with buttermilk or was it coconut butter either, just black.

Kellrob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
do you think it matters if its decaf?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
do you have a link?
there is a site flogging coffee beans, but as far as I know..it is the butter and coconut oil that makes a coffee 'bulletproof'

Reactions: 2 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
do you think it matters if its decaf?

Coffee is coffee ,doesnt matter if its decaff or not. To be honest I dont know what all the fuss is about. People have been putting cream [fat] in coffee for ages. Its just a fad in my opinion.

Maybe some people have a problem getting enough fats in their diet ? in which case this could be an easy way of "getting your medicine down".

Reactions: 2 people
G

graj0

do you have a link?
there is a site flogging coffee beans, but as far as I know..it is the butter and coconut oil that makes a coffee 'bulletproof'
The company have a registered mark on the name of the coffee beans that they sell and they say that there are no toxins that you get in normal coffee. How could we tell. It tastes nice though. So, I suggest that Bulletproof is the name of the coffee and not the drink that's made with coffee and butter and coconut oil. As in Bulletproof® Coffee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

diamondnostril

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Coffee is coffee ,doesnt matter if its decaff or not. To be honest I dont know what all the fuss is about. People have been putting cream [fat] in coffee for ages. Its just a fad in my opinion.

Maybe some people have a problem getting enough fats in their diet ? in which case this could be an easy way of "getting your medicine down".

Certainly this was true for me.

I just eat 1 time per day. The LCHF diet was brilliant for me at controlling my blood-sugar levels, so it fulfilled its main objective. But during my first year of LCHF I found it difficult to stop the weight loss.

I did not want to add another meal to my routine, as this would be inconvenient for me and also would add too much Protein to my diet. I wanted a way just to add more Fat, without adding any Protein or Carbs.

I discovered that adding Coconut Oil to my 2 or 3 daily coffees was the perfect solution. Added the needed kCals to my daily intake without disturbing my blood-sugar levels at all.

Later I learned about Bulletproof coffee, and I switched to this because I really like the taste of it.

I make my own Bulletproof coffee (like most people, I expect?) using regular coffee, regular Coconut Oil and good quality butter.

Reactions: 4 people