Jillyp83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi

Would anyone have an easy LCHF meal plan they use to lose weight? Its just so I know I am eating the correct things and not to much.

Any help would be amazing

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
sorry not an area of huge expertise for me ---tagging @LucySW -- very switched on !

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
For week days when I work;

Breakfast - 100g Greek Yog (full fat) with a few berries, or 2 x herta frankfurtas microwaved
Snack - 1 or 2 Cheese Strings
Lunch - Homemade soup in a pot to microwave at work, pot of jelly made up at home, a low carb treat home made
Snack - (if I need one) salami stick or a peanut 9 bar
Tea - some kind of meat or fish with veg, could be a slow cooked stew or curry (homemade from the freezer)
Snacks/dessert - maybe some cheese with pickled onions, or small packet of popcorn, or some nuts. Or a 3 min microwave low carb cake. (try a search for the recipe) or a couple of squares of 72% or higher cocoa chocolate.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I would be very wary of any sort of processed meat or cheese. Make absolutely sure that you are not getting "hidden carbs" here, they can be full of fillers and sweeteners. Be careful with popcorn and similar snacks, artificial sweeteners (they just help you maintain a taste for sugar) and any sauces out of jars. Keep to food that looks like food.

OK, so here is our daily, low carb meal plan:
breakfast: any combination of the following, depending on what's in the fridge: cheese, eggs, cold meats, mushrooms, bacon, wilted spinach (very fast in the microwave), smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, salad leaves.
lunch: typically a salad made up from salad leaves, cherry toms, avocado, red pepper, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, walnuts, plus a chunk of cheese or fish or cold meats. We might also have a home made soup, made without potatoes or thickeners.
dinner: basically protein and vegetables. (no spuds, rice, pasta etc). This can be in the form of a curry, casserole, bake or simple meat and two veg approach.
Note, there are usually no snacks and no deserts, However, if desperate, there are usually nuts available and sometimes we have raspberries and cream.
Drinks: black tea/coffee, herb/fruit teas, water, red wine. Coffee with full fat cream.

The above approach produced good weight loss, until our bodies decided we had reached the right levels, and HbA1c's in the low 30's.

Sally

Reactions: 4 people

Jillyp83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
I would be very wary of any sort of processed meat or cheese. Make absolutely sure that you are not getting "hidden carbs" here, they can be full of fillers and sweeteners. Be careful with popcorn and similar snacks, artificial sweeteners (they just help you maintain a taste for sugar) and any sauces out of jars. Keep to food that looks like food.

OK, so here is our daily, low carb meal plan:
breakfast: any combination of the following, depending on what's in the fridge: cheese, eggs, cold meats, mushrooms, bacon, wilted spinach (very fast in the microwave), smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, salad leaves.
lunch: typically a salad made up from salad leaves, cherry toms, avocado, red pepper, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, walnuts, plus a chunk of cheese or fish or cold meats. We might also have a home made soup, made without potatoes or thickeners.
dinner: basically protein and vegetables. (no spuds, rice, pasta etc). This can be in the form of a curry, casserole, bake or simple meat and two veg approach.
Note, there are usually no snacks and no deserts, However, if desperate, there are usually nuts available and sometimes we have raspberries and cream.
Drinks: black tea/coffee, herb/fruit teas, water, red wine. Coffee with full fat cream.

The above approach produced good weight loss, until our bodies decided we had reached the right levels, and HbA1c's in the low 30's.

Sally

Thanks this is great just something to follow is bril.

I had omelette this morning with some cheese

Had chicken, rocket, cherry tomatoes and a bit Mayo for Lunch

for Tea having chicken, and veg maybe do cauliflower rice.

do you think this is going on the right track, my bloods were so high yesterday but have come down today.

Reactions: 2 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Thanks this is great just something to follow is bril.

I had omelette this morning with some cheese

Had chicken, rocket, cherry tomatoes and a bit Mayo for Lunch

for Tea having chicken, and veg maybe do cauliflower rice.

do you think this is going on the right track, my bloods were so high yesterday but have come down today.
That looks great.

i think I'm gonna make cauliflower pizza for tea tonight.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds like the right track to me! The road to normal blood sugars can be a bumpy one, with occasional surprises, but as long as the general drift is downhill, you're doing fine. Today's meals sound excellent.
Do before and after tests, until you are confident in what you are eating. Check labels and remember that product ingredients can change. Anything (well, most things) you cook from scratch are worth doing double quantities, so that you have safe ready meals in the freezer, ready for the days when cooking isn't an option. Also, make a bit extra to brighten up the next meal, for example, I often cook up a bit of extra broccoli at dinner time, which gets re-heated in the microwave to go with scrambled egg and a bit of grated cheese the next morning.
Sally

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suggest you visit dietdoctor.com and the low carb section of the forum.
You will find masses of information in both places, and you'll be able to cherry pick a menu to suit your personal taste.