breakfast 13.2 and 13.9

lunch 11.9 and 13.6

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast 13.2 and 13.9

lunch 11.9 and 13.6

Hi Ally I've come back to see how were doing, well you were doing fabulous, then what happened?

You are doing so well even with your weight, you have keep at it.

Neil

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
@donnellysdogs this week i changed to the accru chek meter from codefree and ever since, my readings have been high

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Did your meals change ally? Feeling unwell? casting some doubt whether a meter change would give you such different results.

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Did your meals change ally? Feeling unwell? casting some doubt whether a meter change would give you such different results.

I have two accuchek machines.. (Albeit they are for pumps). They read hugely different for any readings over 8.0. Pretty spot on for readings inder but boy the differences when over 8.0 can be 3-4 bg difference....it is a different scenario I know but its hell whenyou don'tknow which reading to go by to pump thru more insulin.

Lets face it machines can be up to 20% wrong and still be legal to use.
Thats why when you get a fasting blood test done on your artery blood to jyst do a blood test at the same time. Then you will know how accurate the machine is when you get the results back...

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
@Mike D i haven,t changed my meals.
it must be the change in monitors

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Then switch back ally ..... and test with both ....

Do not believe differences.

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@Mike D i have 8 pots of strips to use up

Are these accuchek strips or codefree ones Ally.

As a one off I would check both machines when you get a reading above 11 just to see how different the readings are between the two.

Mike I don't think you can say to swop to using the other strips as you don't actually know which ones are more accurate.

Best thing is to get test solution for the machines you are using just to check if they are performing in their limits. Accuchek will send free of charge. I fldon't know anything about the codefree machine.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hi @donnellysdogs

I suggested both meters, not simply one or the other :) Have I misunderstood something here ? if so my apologies

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sorry @Mike D.. My brain only recognised the "then swap back" my fault. Brain since hyper yesterday is more defunct than usual...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Then switch back ally ..... and test with both ....

Do not believe differences.
Mike - I think provided Ally's trends mirror each other, with each meter, I don't think there is any value in testing using both meters together. That's an eensive luxury I don't know necessarily tells Ally anything.

I make that statement as someone still working through the "batch 44" strips. I may not like the numbers, but provided my rises and trend curves reflect earlier results, I have to be happy, for the time being.

I believe ally receives (insufficient for every day use) strips for her Accu-check meter on prescription, but pays for the additional Codefree strips she needs. Her approach of stock-piling the Accu-check strips to give a meaningful period of testing seems to make sense, rather than switching back and forth every couple of weeks.

@ally1 - please correct me if I misunderstand your strip situation.

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Thanks AB.

Guess I'm confusing the strips issue against the meters.