Confused about pump and remote

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had my pump for a year now and loveeeeee it, was wanting to use the remote now as I got myself a Hid-In belt for pump and would make it much easier to use the remote rather than taking pump in n out, don't really understand it though. Set it up n was all excited but I can only press on remote for how many units of insulin I should take, like it doesn't work out how many units for the carbs in eating, am I making sense?
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1425502477.122764.jpg
this is my pump if anyone has the same and can advise :) xx

jodysd6

Unfortunately yes, you can only bolus using the remote by deciding yourself how much you need, you can't use the bolus wizard with the remote.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Aww that's rubbishhhh, I totally thought it would work like with the bolus wizard, thanks for answering though :) xx

jodysd6

It's a shame, I used to have a Medtronic pump but never used the remote, but switched to an accu check combo where you can do everything from the meter, however since using libre and testing less on actual meter I have got very good at working out the doses needed in my head and manually bolusing anyway, depending on your settings it may not be too hard to work it out as you go.

Reactions: 2 people