Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it just me?

I have pretty much stopped posting on this thread. I know I have written longer than necessary, chatty posts on here in the past, but I'm finding this thread increasingly both off-topic, and difficult to follow. Is there any chance we could be mindful of the thread topic and maybe post around that, or at least more closely allied to that?

Obviously, it's not my thread, forum or anything like that. I'm just venting a little frustration.

Reactions: 8 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Best to stick with topic related debate - titled headed threads please folks .
This way it is much easier to follow and track a lengthy discussion .

Reactions: 2 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
How do they do that Lou? You are just diet controlled at the moment aren't you.
You fast for 15hrs over night I did mine from 6pm ish till 9am ish and have a blood test then wait for results in the mean time I may have to go on insulin cause steroids are sending BG sky during the day:( and because of genetic disorder the can't use most of the tablets.

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Some scary images there ... !

5.7 here this morning.

As if I didn't already have enough to do we had a punctured tyre on the car so I've had to put the emergency spare on and may have to fork out on a new tyre if it can't be repaired (great screw through the tyre, I'm not hopeful). At least it's not one of these cars that has no spare at all these days but a can of something that magically holds it together while you get to a tyre fitters (yeah right). Just what you want the day before going on holiday.
Happy Holidays tomorrow though.... have a blast... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Sounds more like @Dibbles1 had been through an industrial car crusher..... AND @Dibbles1 one is the most cheerful, happy one amongst us going off all the postings. Still remember the day that the "legs" were being repaired and the mechanic locked himself out and ended up leaving wheelchair on the porch - @Dibbles1 found it hilarious :hilarious::hilarious:

I'm just feeling a bit :meh: this morning, nothing drastic, just fighting something or other I think and its leaving me :grumpy:......
Crumbs... poor Dibbles... I hope you feel better soon though - and that it doesn't turn into anything worse...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yep, drugged driver drove straight through me from behind at 100mph.
I was riding a 750cc old style yamaha fazer......
Then Poole hospital missed most of my injuries......
But we won't go there :cool: Long story :)
No words Dibbles.... :inpain: Lovely bike....

S

Sable_Jan

Crumbs... poor Dibbles... I hope you feel better soon though - and that it doesn't turn into anything worse...
Thanks @Susikav at the moment I don't feel too bad - off to bed soon and hopefully my morning fasting won't be up - not usually too high even if i'm feeling grotty and I have just had some plain alpro yoghurt with chia and sunflower seeds....instead of eating it out of the pot like usual I got a nicely sized glass, poured in the yoghurt and then added the seeds (remembered some dark choc chips I've got in the baking cupboard but I didn't add any this time) sat down with it and used a smaller spoon so it lasted longer with that and chewing the seeds so felt much more satisfying

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Summary for Wed 4th March

M - T - W - T - F - S - S

Ally1 – 11.0 – 14.1 – 14.1 -

Bluetit1802 – 5.6 – 5.1 – 5.1 -

Brettsza – 5.5 – 6.0 – 5.4 -

Clivethedrive – x - 6.0 – 5.2

Coldethyl – 5.9 – 6.4 – 6.6

daddys1 – x – x – 5.6 -

Dibbles1 – 5.5 – 6.0 – 4.8 -

Eddie1968 – x – 7.7 – x -

Jackthelad – 5.6 – x – x -

JohnD54 – 4.7 – 5.8 – 6.0

Kezzer4321 – 8.0 – 6.7 – 6.6

Killerkaz – 5.0 – x – x -

Kimbo1962 – 5.7 – 5.5 – 5.7

Lexa_x – 10.3 – x – x -

Lorraine deer – 6.0 – 7.2 – 7.0

Loulou99782 – 6.5 – 7.5 – 8.5 -

Mandingo – 4.8 – 5.3 – 4.6

Mbabbasi – 6.5 – x – x -

Mehh2015 – x - 5.1 – 5.2 -

MikeD - ? – 5.0 – 5.2 -

Millysue – 7.7 – x - x -

Muggle71 – In the 6’s – 6.3 - x -

Pasha – 4.67 – 4.67 – 4.72

Patricia21 – 6.5 – x – x -

PatsyB – 7.7 – x – 7.5 -

Pavlovsdog – 6.5 – x – x

Phil1966 – <5 – 4.8 – x -

Poshtotty – 7.0 – 6.9 - x

Robbity – 5.9 – 5.9 – x -

Sable_Jan – 5.2 – 5.4 – 5.3 -

Sanguine – 5.6 – 5.8 – 5.7 -

Silver Hammer – 5.1 – 5.2 – 4.8 -

Sjm1966 – 4.7 – x – x -

S_k_s - 4.3 – 5.2 – 4.6 -

Susikav – 4.8 – 5.8 – 5.6 -

Vit90 – 5.5 – 5.9 – 5.2 -

Weefergus – 7.2 – 7.0 – 6.5

Reactions: 20 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Why the sudden interest from mods in what is a perfectly friendly and supportive thread? So what if there's a bit of random chat?

Reactions: 11 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Why the sudden interest from mods in what is a perfectly friendly and supportive thread? So what if there's a bit of random chat?

We have had a number of reported posts about the thread derailing - hence why Anna and myself have asked people to get back on track.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have had a number of reported posts about the thread derailing - hence why Anna and myself have asked people to get back on track.
My post wasn't designed to bring moderator activity to the thread, just asking people to think about their post content a bit before posting. I'm as guilty as anyone for going off track.....

Reactions: 9 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Threads meander ........ and don't we all?

Yes, they need control to some degree but I've seen pages upon pages that go nowhere. Yep, they might stick to the (or a) theme but that still might require comment somewhere IF it is beneficial for a member.

Do I care? No. After all, what would this forum be without massive support from those who stick around and offer advice? If they disappeared the knowledge lost is exactly that ...... loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.2 this morning been to immunology clinic had my preventative antibiotics changed done swabs and bloods got ring them in a week for results and to let them know how things are going cause tonsels are up but not infected. Fanialy been given all clear to go back to CRUK and work today:)

Reactions: 19 people
Status
Not open for further replies.